chapter 122

"I don't want to" I sob. "So don't do it!" Cristina yells. We're outside on the field. She's been listening to me cry for the past 20 minutes.

"He's there" she says. I turn around and he's walking towards us. I wipe my tears.

"Hi baby, what's wrong?" He frowns as he sees me crying. "I wanna break it up.. break us up.. I wanna break up" I say. "Okaaayy" Cristina walks away.

"What?" He asks shocked. "We're breaking up! And that's that.. youre not arguing with me!" I yell. "What? Mer, calm down.. I wasn't arguing" he puts his hands on my cheeks.

"Can we break up?" I whisper. "Why?" He asks. "I don't like you anymore" I say. He squints. "Yes you do" he says.

"Fine! I love you.. and that's why I want to break up" I say. "What? Wh-" he furrows his brows. "I don't like seeing you fail because of me.. you don't need the distraction" I say.

"No!" He says. "Yes" i say. "Meredith, no.. I need you" he puts his hands on my waist. "No you don't" I whisper tearfully.

I pull off his glasses and wipe his tears. "I love you so much" I whisper. "No, meredith.. I dont want this" he says. "This is for you, derek" I say. "For me!?" He scoffs.

I raise my brow. "Its not for me.. you probably just like someone else.. what? Did you fuck deluca again?!" He yells. I look at him, hurt.

"Derek-" I say. "Just don't talk to me again.. you're right, it's for the best" he walks away.

I really didn't think he'd react like this. I was just trying to protect his future.

Maybe it's for the best that he hates me.. at least he won't be thinking about me when he's supposed to be working.

I take a breath and walk back into the school building. "Please please don't break up with me, I'm sorry" he holds my arms. I sigh, leaning back against a locker.

"Please" he pushes his face into my shoulder. I run my fingers through his hair, kissing his head.

"I need to" I whisper. "No you don't.. you really really don't" tears run down his cheeks. I wipe them for him.

I stand on my tiptoes, kissing him softly. I let out a quiet whine against his lips as he pushes me up against the lockers forcefully, deepening the kiss.

I pull away slowly. "You're stuck with me forever" he throws me over his shoulder. My eyes widen.

"Don't ever break up with me again" he slaps my ass. I giggle as he carries me down the school hallway.

He puts me down. "We are going to figure this out baby.. together" he puts his hands on my cheeks. "Fine.. in one month if your grades don't improve, I'm ending it though" I say.

"Okay" he says. "I'm so sorry for breaking up with you.. or trying to" I shrug. "Its okay, you were doing it for me" he smiles small.

He kisses me. "Go to class" he slaps my ass. I smile, hugging him tight. "I'm glad you said no to breaking up.. I wouldn't have lasted five seconds without you" I say. He chuckles.

"I love you so much" I say. "I love you so much too.. go to class" he whispers. I pull away slowly. I walk to class.