chapter 130

Tears run down my cheeks. Derek's family came to say bye to me before they go. We're upstairs in my room and his family is downstairs talking to mine.

I sob into his shoulder. "Shh it's okay" he whispers, picking me up. I wrap my legs around his waist. "Its okay" he strokes my back.

I put my hands on his cheeks, my forehead resting against his. I can't stop crying.

I hug him tight. I pull away slowly. "Don't go" I whisper. "I wish I didn't have to baby" he says.

"Derek!" Carol yells from downstairs. "I have to go" he whispers. "No" I hold onto his tighter as he tries to put me down.

"Mer" he says. "No, please" I push my face into his neck. He sighs. He walks all the way downstairs still carrying me.

"You're like a child who's having a tantrum and won't let go of her parents leg" he chuckles softly. I don't laugh.

"Let me put you down so I can give you a kiss goodbye" he whispers. "No" I sob.

"Honey let him go" my mom chuckles softly, stroking my back gently. He pulls me off of him gently and sits me on the couch.

He kneels on the floor infront of me between my legs. Our parents leave the room to give us some privacy. He puts his hands on my cheeks.

"We will see eachother as soon as possible.. as soon as i get enough money, I'll buy you a plane ticket" he says. "Okay" I whisper.

Tears run down his cheeks. I wipe them with my thumbs. I know he's trying to stay strong and positive.

I should try to cheer him up again. "On the plus side, you'll probably get new friends in your new school.. you get to pester all the new teachers about setting homework" I smile through my tears. He smiles.

"Just remember what I told you.. be your wonderful self and they'll love you like I do" I say. "Mhm.. because that's worked out for me before" he says sarcastically. I chuckle.

"If anyone doesn't like you, then they don't deserve you in the first place baby.. you're perfect" I say. "Can we call when we go to school? At lunch.. so I don't have to eat by myself?" He asks. "Definitely" I smile.

"I love you" he says. I start crying again. "Oh, I'm sorry" he chuckles softly, hugging me.

He pulls away. He kisses me a few times softly. "I got you a gift" he reaches to the small box next to his bag.

He puts it on my lap and opens it. It's full of small gifts covered in newspaper and decorative bows.

"Its a gift for any occasion.. if your sad, have cramps, miss me, happy.. or if you just want cheering up" he says. I smile. "Thankyou" I put it aside.

I grab a gift. "Not now!" He takes it. I giggle. "I'm giving this to your mom.. so you don't open it all at once" he glares at me. I grin.

"Derek, we have to go sweetheart" his mom says as they walk back into the room. I wrap my arms tight around his neck, my chin resting on his head.

"May need to.. breathe" he groans. I giggle. We stand up. "Bye lex" he says, hugging her. "Bye derek" she hugs him tight.

They pull away. "Bye ellis" he smiles. "Bye" she smiles. I follow them outside. I say bye to his parents and all his sisters and they get in the car.

"Bye mer" he whispers. "Bye" I whisper. He hugs me tight. I giggle, tearing up as he picks me up, spinning me around.

He puts me down. He kisses me passionately. My back arches and I grab onto his hair.

We finally pull away slowly, breathless. He rests his forehead against mine. I close my eyes. Tears run down my cheeks.

We pull out of eachothers arms. "I love you so much" he says. "I love you too" I say.

He walks to the car, getting in the back seat next to his sisters. He's driving with his parents as Nancy is driving his car there separately.

"Bye amy" I pop my head into the window. "Bye mer" she giggles. I kiss him again. I pull away. I hold his hand through the open window. "Bye meredith" Christopher says as he starts the car.

Derek kisses my hand softly. They slowly drive away. "Meredith let go before your hand gets ripped off" Carolyn chuckles as I follow after them.

Derek chuckles. The car speeds up. "Run baby, faster" he laughs. "Shut up" I giggle, letting go of his hand. He sticks his head out of the window. I wave at him. He waves back.

I walk into my house. I sob, laying on the couch. My mom kneels next to me. "Its okay, you'll see him again soon" she kisses my head. "No I won't" I sob. "Yes you will sweetheart" she says.

"Yeah, it's okay sweetheart" lexie teases. I glare at her. "Go and live with dad instead" I say. She glares at me, walking away. I scoff.

"Mom I'm going upstairs for a little bit" I say. "Okay honey" she says. I get up and go upstairs. I sigh, climbing into bed.