"I just thought I might know someone who fit his description. I am familiar with a couple of the members." I quickly save my ass and Namjoon's rest his suspicions for now.

"That is true. I'm sure if you saw him, you'd know who he was too. But Chorong did mention that she has plans on meeting him again. And judging by her determination I'm guess we'll find out who the mystery man is soon."

Either this was sheer luck or a sign for the both of us. Seeing how she also met Y/N back on my birthday. The fact that they both got a long was what softened the blow on Chorong's

the fact that both of them seemed to have gotten along. So..., instead of being upset about my past relationship with Y/N, Chorong was genuinely happy and is now rooting for my favor with this so-called fake engagement the media has put Y/N and I in." Namjoon conveys and I seemed to have now found myself in not one but two brand new predicament.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath looking over at Y/N who was still seated in the passenger seat of Namjoon's vehicle. And as my thoughts played out all the puzzle pieces before me, I soon realized that I had made a grave mistake.

The fact that Namjoon is now back on the market and knowing both he and Y/N share a romantic history was not only dire concerning on my end, but also a threat to her and my relationship.

Fucking shit...; did I just willingly give away my girlfriend?

I-I-I mean yes, I need the help from Namjoon but...is it really worth risking losing Y/N for it?

"Ahem, listen..., Namjoon." I call out as I stood before him. "I know you and I don't normally see eye to eye, and I know you don't really like me but...thank you for helping me. Right now, I can honestly say you're the only person I can trust in this situation, and the only person I know who is capable of protecting Y/N from Jin. However," my tone changes as my ego pulls forward bringing my jealousy into view. "I'll make this clear; this isn't me giving up on Y/N. So don't be mistaken as what my intentions are as it concerns to you." I tell him and Namjoom's expression soon fades from being surprised to a smile that almost looks like it he feels sorry for me.

Rest assured, as ridiculously cliché this may sound; I knew very well that what Y/N and I share was...well, special.

But, to tell you the truth; I was secretly panicking on the inside.

Namjoon already has a huge advantage ahead of me and for me to be asking this favor was huge gamble on my end. But I had hopes. Young stupid hopes.

"I respect your thoughts." He speaks. "I also respect you even more for sharing them. Which is why I believe I owe you the favor of the truth too. You and I both know that our common interest for Y/N's safety is what's keeping me from punching you in the face right now. I'm not stupid Tae and I know you. So just like your selfish intentions have a lead in this plan; I want you to know that I too have my own selfish intentions; which is another reason why I agreed to help you in the first place." Namjoon mentions confirming exactly what I already knew. "Now don't get me wrong. I don't plan on imposing myself on her nor will I bring up emotions from the past. This is...unless she wants to. After all, what really matters here is what Y/N wants, right? So whatever decision she makes; I'll work it. Even if it entails a possible future for, she and I. Because truth be told Taehyung; ...I don't plan on giving up on Y/N either." Namjoon relays; causing me to anxiously chuckle to myself.

"So, what do we do? We aren't exactly in agreement as to she should see."

"Then let's wait. Let her decide." He bobs his head towards Y/N direction, knowing very well that patience isn't my strongest pursuit. "It doesn't hurt also to show her that she actually does have a choice in all of this." He adds and I start dreading the outcome of things even more.