Earth Realms

Chapter 1425: Earth Realm (1)

The Beauty Hasn't Aged, But Where Is the King?

In a certain part of the Qilian mountain range in Qinghai Province, an old lady in a linen coat and a headscarf was lying on a bamboo chair in the thatched cottage.

Her hands danced in the air as if she was conducting an orchestra, and streams of energy fluctuated around her. In the end, the streams of energy combined to form a handkerchief with brilliant lights and vibrant colors.

Suddenly, a loud sound rang from the door's direction. The old lady immediately stopped her hand movements and stood up.

"Daoist Tang, did you not already ascend to the Immortal World? How did you come back?" After seeing who it was, the linen-robbed old lady put down the handkerchief. "Don't tell me that you failed to pass the Tribulation and a fragment of your soul came back again."

"Cough..." Tang Xiu originally planned to have a big smile when greeting the old lady, but after hearing what the old lady said, his handsome face began to blush a bright red.

After seeing the old lady's mischievous facial expression, he then realized that she did that purpose.

"Good to make you laugh. I came to visit you to show my gratitude for fostering the Nine Maids back then." Tang Xiu cupped his fists towards the old lady, which represented a greeting.

Tang Xiu held a great deal of respect for the old lady.

Compared to the other rulers throughout China's different eras, this old lady was someone who truly protected China. She was already nearly a thousand years old, and yet, she had never abandoned China. She chose to remain and protect this land all this time in secrecy and had rescued China from many genocidal threats. At the same time, her power managed to keep the other countries at bay as well.

"Daoist Tang is too polite. It was fate that brought Zhong Ling and those other brats to me. They also helped me solve many problems in my cultivation as well. If we really are to talk about gratitude, I should be the one grateful towards Daoist Tang." The old lady was not excited and calmly replied.

Tang Xiu couldn't help but pause. When he ascended back then, did the old lady not ask him to take her with him to the Immortal World? Why was it that after a few decades, the old lady seemed to be uninterested at the notion of ascending to the Immortal World?

Tang Xiu understood very quickly. He didn't know what the old lady had been through, but he knew that her life was coming to an end soon.

"Daoist Li, when I ascended, did some dangerous figures appear again?" Upon recognizing the heavy wounds on the old lady's body, Tang Xiu couldn't hold back his curiosity and asked.

"Daoist Tang, my old body is already spent. Don't tease me anymore. A couple of decades ago, when Miao Wentang and Shao Mingzhen successfully passed the Tribulation and ascended, I thought that the Tribulation had become easier. In the end, when I tried to cross the Tribulation two years ago, I nearly lost my life," the old lady said this and stared daggers at Tang Xiu.

Upon hearing her words, an expression of awkwardness crept onto Tang Xiu's face.

"I'm truly sorry. When I ascended back then, I was only focused on revenge. I was afraid that by bringing you with me, it would karmically affect your Heavenly Dao, so I had to refuse. Please accept this gift from me as my apology." When Tang Xiu said this, he pointed a finger at the old lady.

The old lady, looking at Tang Xiu's finger, was suddenly immobilized.

She saw lines of green light appear out of Tang Xiu's finger, then they rapidly surged into her body.