Chapter 381 - Chapter 390

Chapter 381: Fierce Guest Knocking at the Door

Looking up at Chi Nan, Tang Xiu lightly said, "Kang Xia, you don't need to listen to Chi Nan's nonsensical words! She and the others are accustomed to seeking the living from the heap of the dead. There's nothing but objectives and missions in their eyes. Thus, no one can snatch your job."

What?

Shocked by Tang Xiu's words, Kang Xia looked at the fashionable, gorgeous and beautiful Chi Nan. It was quite difficult for her to think that Chi Nan would have such an aspect. She had been abroad for many years. She was naturally aware of information that ordinary people didn't know.

These type of people could be called hitmen, and were also known as criminals. But people mostly called them mercenaries.

Could it be that... that was Chi Nan's background?

Chi Nan had a smile hanging on the corner of her mouth as she said, "Boss, you seem to really trust this female subordinate of yours! Nobody else knows my identity except the core members of the Everlasting Feast Hall. But you told her my identity?"

"She has gotten that opportunity." Tang Xiu calmly replied.

The smile on Chi Nan's face froze. Her eyes shifted to Kang Xia. She couldn't help but have a look of envy in her eyes. That "opportunity" was something she always dreamed of. But the internal rules of the Everlasting Feast Hall had decreed that, unless they made a great contribution to the restaurant, nobody would have a chance to be taught.

However, there were only seven people out of a hundred who managed the feat to this day. Beside the Little Boss—Gu Xiaoxue and the four business executive figures Tang Xiu entrusted with that, only two others got that opportunity, Light and Dark. But she also speculated that the two brothers, Mo Āwen and Mo Āwu, had probably gotten that opportunity as well.

Such being said, in the entire Everlasting Feast Hall, the number was only up to ten people aside from Big Boss Gu Yan'er and the mysterious Elder Ji.

But now there was actually another one.

While quietly observing Chi Nan's expression, Tang Xiu said, "So it is that whenever Heaven invests a person with great responsibilities, it first tries his resolve, exhausts his muscles and bones, starves his body, subjects him to extreme poverty, and confounds his every endeavor. In this way his patience and endurance are developed, and his deficiencies are overcome. This sentence from The Works of Mencius is the one I like the most."

Chi Nan looked thoughtful for a moment before she slowly nodded, "I understand what you mean, Boss."

Giving a slight nod in response, Tang Xiu then read the documents in his hands again.

Shanghai, Puning District.

Zhenfan Villa Complex, Villa B-12.

Li Haoran was dressed in pajamas as he quietly leaned on the sofa while reading a copy of documents. Lately, he had a very comfortable life ever since he gave most of the Li Group's businesses to his daughter, Li Dan. Furthermore, the company was also thriving and progressing day by day, making him feel very relaxed.

However, though his daughter was particularly competent, nevertheless, he must control the emerging issues of the overall situation in the province.

"Dad, you haven't slept yet?"

Li Zhen fiddled with his car keys as he walked in.

Li Haoran flipped his eyelids and felt a slight headache coming. He was filled with helplessness when it came to this son of his. His mother spoiled him since childhood. And now, he didn't study and did nothing with his life. He even treated all the reprimands he threw at him like waters off a duck's back.