Chapter 751 - Chapter 760

Chapter 751: Grave Situation

On the deck of the liner, Hu Zhenfeng and the others' eyes turned saucer when they saw that Tang Xiu and his men were easily jumping six-plus meters away. The world's long jump record was 8.95 meters, but it was achieved through the inertia of a full sprint run-up. Although the deck was only six-plus meters away from the shore, they seemed so relaxed jumping over without a run-up. What they did was simply beyond Hu Zhenfeng's imagination.

"What monsters! They just lifted their legs and yet jumped so far. Wouldn't they be able to break the world record if they were to participate in the Olympic Games?"

The contempt inside Hu Zhenfeng's heart toward Tang Xiu reduced a lot.

The members of the Phantom Special Combat Squad, including Captain Yu Shuqing, were also surprised by the long jump ability of Tang Xiu and his men. Though they too could jump ashore, doing it so easily was not something they could achieve.

"These fellas are experts, Captain," said Chen Yangfan, who had always been proud of his speed, leaned towards Yu Shuqing and said with a solemn expression.

"I already noticed that they are all masters, but I didn't think that they were so powerful," Yu Shuqing nodded. "Of all the members of our Phantom Squad, I'm afraid there's only you who could barely match them."

"That is if I take a few steps back to run, else it will be a bit difficult," said Chen Yangfan with a forced, wry smile.

"I don't think I could go anywhere close to the people who can become the envoys sent by our superiors to solve the crisis here. Alright, keep your vigilance. Don't displease them."

"Roger that!" The squad nodded.

On the shore, there was a medium-sized bus that could accommodate twenty-plus people, with a young man donned in a leather suit and wearing a mask standing at the door. After he saw Hu Zhenfeng, his eyes immediately shimmered as he greeted him with a salute, "You're finally back, Chief of Staff. Our garrison is in huge trouble."

"How is the situation now, and how many men in the army got infected by the virus?" Asked Hu Zhenfeng.

"Only 88 people were not infected by the virus, and they are the ones who got assigned to the two patrol ships in nearby waters. As for the rest, all of them have cold, fever, and weakened body symptoms. We have taken various antivirus drugs, but it doesn't have any effect whatsoever, while the preventive medication we bought from that foreign black market will come too late."

"Do the other officers and men still retain their combat capabilities other than those on the two ships?" Asked Hu Zhenfeng quickly.

"We can pull it through for some time, but only 3 to 5 days at best," the young man nodded. "Chief, the first carrier died just six hours ago, and there are now dozens of people who are seriously ill on the island. They could die at any time."

With a slightly changed expression, Hu Zhenfeng asked in a deep voice, "How many people not infected are left on the island now?"

Anger flashed on the young man's face as he said, "More than 1000 people, but more than 90% of them are from those foreign forces. They took that preventive agent before coming here, hence avoiding getting infected. Division Commander Yang forbid us to take action against them, so they are practically running wild on the island, although they have yet to do anything too outrageous. They... kind of scattered on the island, surveying the mineral resources and inquiring about various information."

A cold glint flashed in Hu Zhenfeng's eyes as he asked again, "Did you bring that antivirus gas mask?"

"Yeah, I brought them over. Thirty of them in total," the young man nodded.