Chapter 481 - Chapter 490

Chapter 481: Meeting by Chance

As the box's door was closed, Sun Wen dumbfoundedly stared at Tang Xiu. She would have never believed it if she had not seen with her own eyes. To think that the manager of the dignified Everlasting Feast Hall would actually be respectful before Tang Xiu, even calling him "Boss".

"You... are you?" Sun Wen's lower lip twitched, disbelief in her eyes.

"Can you stop speaking already?" Li Laoshan angrily spoke. "Brother Tang is the owner of the Everlasting Feast Hall!"

Sun Wen could only gulp down her saliva. She knew that the Everlasting Feast Hall was the top upscale restaurant in Shanghai. Moreover, Shanghai's Everlasting Feast Hall was only a branch, since she also heard that this restaurant franchise also had branches in Beijing, Jingmen Island, and Hong Kong.

And Tang Xiu is its owner? That means...

...He is probably very rich!

Suddenly, she realized how stupid her attitude had been and how disgraceful she had acted. Having just looked down on Tang Xiu, while the person turned out to be the owner of the Everlasting Feast Hall, it was akin to have slapped her own face.

One must know that Tang Xiu seemed to be in his early 20s, yet he had already become the owner of the Everlasting Feast Hall. What background such a person's family could have? That meant that his other family members could have terrifying identities, didn't it?

She now realized why Li Laoshan was become friends with Tang Xiu, and why he was angry with her.

This was because... she had indeed made him lose face.

The color was drained from Sun Wen's face as she cautiously looked at Li Laoshan. There was a look of apology on her face, as she said, "Mr. Tang, I'm really sorry for what I said."

Tang Xiu waved his hand and smilingly said, "It's nothing, really. Didn't I say that family need not speak such words? Besides, you're Old Brother Li's woman, thus you're a friend."

The indignant expression Li Laoshan's face receded. After searching Tang Xiu's face, a forced, wry smile appeared on his face, "Brother Tang, you're really extraordinary even in this personal matter. Young as you are you're already this open minded. Furthermore, I never feel like there's a gap in our difference of age, which is the most inconceivable. It's like I'm communing with someone of my age."

"Do you mean that I'm old? Is that so obvious?" Tang Xiu couldn't help smirking.

Cough, cough... Li Laoshan choked upon hearing Tang Xiu's reply.

The lunch ended quickly since they didn't drink anything alcoholic. After the lunch was over, Li Laoshan told Tang Xiu that he would leave Shanghai for Beijing tomorrow to prepare himself. Afterward, Tang Xiu went to Chi Nan's office and saw the children obediently sitting on the sofa. Tang Xiu turned to look at Chi Nan and smilingly said, "It was laborious of you."

"I'm honored to serve you, Boss," said Chi Nan with a smile.

"Since you feel that it's an honor, then I will give you another assignment," said Tang Xiu with a smile. "Convey my message to the Headquarters to investigate some underground parties. One of which is the Cubo Clan from Italy, and the other is the Brauns Group from the United States. The more detailed the better."

"I know a bit about these two forces, Boss, but not too much," said Chi Nan with a changed expression.

"Tell me!" Tang Xiu said with a surprised expression.

"That Italian underground party is the largest criminal syndicate there. This criminal organization boasts a number of more than 100,000 members, and the Cubo Syndicate is in the top three mafias with enormous capital amongst the crime organizations there. I had once killed some of their people, which were exactly this Cubo Syndicate's members. As for the Brauns Group from the United States, they are a cartel who operates in a lot of business channels mainly managing drugs and liquor businesses. As far as I know, they also have dozens of large wineries as well.