Chapter 1141 - Chapter 1150

Chapter 1141: I Give You the Honor

Tang Xiu stroked his small head and smilingly said, "I told you I can heal you, so I naturally can restore your condition. No worries, Kid. You'll be a young man brimming with energy in the future."

The boy's eyes lit up, but he calmly observed Tang Xiu for a few seconds before he thoughtfully said, "Uncle, if my father works for you, then I'll work for you in the future too."

"Ah, hahaha!" Tang Xiu couldn't help laughing. "Do you feel so honored working for me, though?"

"I trust Dad's vision, and I also feel that you're a very powerful man." The boy said, "I can tell that the others are very afraid of you."

Tang Xiu was at a loss whether he had to cry or laugh and asked again, "You can tell they're very afraid of me? Where did you get that?"

"There were five people in the room when I was brought here," explained the boy. "You're one of them, with another one whose age is similar to yours. There's something questionable in his eyes when he looked at you—something only people would show when they face a terrifying person or grave problems. And Dad likely fears you too since he sometimes wanted to say something but didn't say it. The other two people were looking at you with respect, but more like that it was respect out of fear."

"Closely reasoned and well-argued. Never thought you could have such a good analysis, Kid." Tang Xiu smilingly said, "Anyhow, did you observe all these?"

The boy nodded.

Tang Xiu was a bit shocked inwardly. He didn't expect that a child could have such a keen and powerful observation skill. It must be noted that he was in great pain now. Normal children would have screamed painfully already, and there was no way they would have any spare thoughts to observe everyone in the room, right?

"Can you answer another question?" asked Tang Xiu slowly after a while.

The boy nodded again.

"You should be only eight years old now, right? And with your age, you should be in the second grade of primary school," said Tang Xiu. "Mind telling me about your academic scores?"

A look of pride appeared on the boy's face and he answered with a trace of pained expression, "I've always been the number one in the exam and ranked first among the 680 fourth grades in the schools."

"Fourth grade?" Tang Xiu looked surprised.

"Yeah, I skipped two grades," replied the boy.

Tang Xiu gave a thumbs up and praised him. "Never thought that you're a genius, kid. But that's a given since a very capable Dad won't have a good-for-nothing son. Your Dad is a very capable man, so you as his son won't be that bad either."

"Well, I want to be a Field Marshall in the future, so I have to work hard," said the boy.

His reply made Tang Xiu at a loss whether he had to cry or laugh. He smiled at him and said, "There's no such position as Field Marshall today, though. But nevermind that. Unless you can become the most powerful great man in our country."

The boy's expression turned slightly grim after hearing that.

Quickly after, a bowl of warm water and a few clean towels and medical supplies such as gauze and gypsum board were sent to the room. As Xue Zengmei closed the room from the outside, Tang Xiu took a sharp dagger from the interspatial ring and cut the boy's trousers. Then, he spoke, "It will be quite painful. Can you bear it?"

The boy trembled a bit and then said, "Can you give me a towel?"

Tang Xiu's expression shifted and asked, "You want to stuff your mouth with it?"