Chapter 401 - Chapter 410

Chapter 401: Yan'er's Prestige

While Tang Xiu walked alongside Gu Yan'er toward the main building, a pale smile was revealed on his handsome face, saying, "The lesson is that there's strength in numbers, and more logs can make a bigger fire. I was only absorbed in my own strength. I neglected my own subordinates, leading to the differences in their wills, as well as having my force scattered. Eventually, when I was facing the tribulation to ascend to Godhood, I faced the betrayal from my beloved and my best friends."

"Do you mean it's very important to foster loyal and devoted subordinates, Master? But the main reason why I trained so many men was because I wanted to find you." Gu Yan'er said.

Looking at her tenderly, Tang Xiu said, "That's right, I must cultivate subordinates. If at that time I had many loyal and powerful men to protect me, perhaps they would would have been able to help me constrain them even if they wanted to assault me when I was at the most critical time of crossing the tribulation."

"As long as I succeeded in crossing the tribulation, I would have achieved the Godking stage in the Immortal World, gaining the qualification to enter the gate to eternity. Just as the Divinity power fell from the God Realm, my strength would have soared and I could have easily defeated those traitors."

Gu Yan'er looked pensive and then said, "Master, I understand your point. A lot of my subordinates died in these thousands of years. Many a times did they help me restrain my enemies so that I could survive."

"There is betrayal and loyalty in this world." Tang Xiu nodded and said, "What we must do is just stay alert and keep our vigilance while observing those around us. In the end, only time will tell a true friend from a false one. Only then will we naturally be aware of those who we can fully cultivate, and those who we must abandon before it's too late."

"I understand, Master." Gu Yan'er smiled and suddenly said, "Let's stop talking about these serious topics. You see, I came out and am finally able to see the outside world again. We should be enjoying this."

He faintly smiled at her, yet a distressed look flashed from Tang Xiu's eyes. His eyes were as though torches, how could he be unable to see that his disciple was currently enduring pain from Twilight Nightmare effect? At this moment, she was enduring a knife-twisting pain.

Smiling on the surface, a crazy murderous intent toward Shade Demon—Zhu Wushou grew inside Tang Xiu's heart. He changed his mind at this moment. He must not let him die so easily after dealing with Zhu Wushou in the future. He would extract his soul, refine it for a million years, and make him bear the cruelest tortures for millions years more.

"You're right, Yan'er. We indeed should be enjoying this!"

"Hehe..."

The Everlasting Feast Hall had a lot of strong powerhouses. At this time, there were more than 100 there. However, when the patrol members passed by and their eyes fell on the two figures, their pupils suddenly shrank. Their expression drastically changed as ecstasy filled their hearts.

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!

Four figures dashed like the wind and appeared before Tang Xiu and Gu Yan'er and, simultaneously, kowtowed toward them.

"Paying respect to the Bosses."

Their voices shivered, a few crystalline tears appearing in their eyes. Evidently, it was not because of Tang Xiu, but because of Gu Yan'er.

"Bai 'E, Bai Peng, Song Wu, Hua Yang, the four of you still like to be together, don't you?! It's been more than 10 years since we last met, right? Anyhow, you're all not bad. Xiaoxue told me about all of you." Gu Yan'er smiled, but her hands gently pulled Tang Xiu's arm.