Chapter 4: The Supreme Art of Quintessential Space

Su ShangWen's words not only shook Su LingYun, it also caused everyone in the house to be left dumbstruck. Never would they have guessed that Su ShangWen could be this shameless, not apologising when his son was in the wrong, not having the right attitude when begging to people, and even using a higher status to threaten other people.

However, thinking back on Su ShangWen's influence in Star City, everyone can't help but lament in silence for Su LingYun and Tang Xiu.

Even if Su ShangWen's character was detestable, it was an undeniable truth that he owns an asset of over a few million and the connections that he had build up over the years in Star City could make one lose hope.

Just when everyone thought that the weak-natured Su LingYun would submit to his threat, a smile suddenly surfaced from Su LingYun's expressionless face as she lightly tiptoed, raising her hand and ruthlessly gave Su ShangWen a slapped on his face.

That slapped was so loud and clear that everyone in the living room had thought that there were problems with their hearing.

In everyone's eyes, Su LingYun was a refined and composed, good-tempered and agreeable kind of person, to say that she had a weak character was also not disagreeable, there were only instances of her getting bullied and not once was she the one bullying other people. However for the first time in her life, she actually dared to slap someone, and the one getting slapped was even the strong and robust Su ShangWen. This caused everyone's jaw to drop.

Seeing Su ShangWen getting slapped by his mother, Tang Xiu was feeling extremely satisfied and couldn't resist laughing out loud, but the joy was short-lived. Tang Xiu's body on Earth was extremely frail to begin with. The sudden returned of his soul, the overwhelming sorrow and happiness in that short period of time and coupled with the usage of the breathing technique from the Origin Ignition Art which burns away the user's life force had cause him to faint after merely three big laughs.

When Su ShangWen realised that he was given a slapped by his younger sister who was shorter than him by a huge margin, a vicious glint flashed past his eyes as he bellowed in rage and wanted beat Su LingYun up. But never would Su ShangWen have thought that before he had the chance to take action, a pair of ice cold handcuff had landed on his hands. Cheng XueMei who was standing at the side observing the scene had already prevented him from flying into a rage and harming people.

"Me and Hu WenXu will send Tang Xiu to the hospital, Mdm Su LingYun will follow us along. The rest of you will bring the relevant people that was involved to the police station!" Cheng XueMei glared at Su ShangWen with disgust, and with a wave of her hand, she concluded the operation for today. (TLN: I assume that Hu WenXu is another police officer, the random names appearing is really quite confusing)

Su ShangWen was like a deflating rubber ball withering away in an instance as he looked at the silhouette of the departing Cheng XueMei.

Similarly, Zhang XueMei would never had guessed that the joyous celebration banquet would end in such a tragic manner due to the misdeeds of their own family. Even if they could get released easily after the arrest, but their reputation among their friends and neighbours were tarnished.

On the other hand Su YaNing and Su FeiXiang were stupefied since a while ago. They could clearly not comprehend how a simple prank could land them in such a desperate state.

"It was Tang Xiu who manipulated the whole event, he blew up the matter on purpose!" Tang Xiu's devious smile and his words on wanting to continue playing along with Su XiangFei abruptly surfaced in his mind as Su XiangFei cried out hysterically. But sadly at this point in time, nobody would bother about the agitated Su XiangFei anymore.

Meanwhile in the Star City hospital where the night grew deeper.

The night sky was glittered with stars as a ray of moonlight shines through the glass window onto the scrawny-pale but refined face of Tang Xiu.