Chapter 511 - Chapter 520

Chapter 511: Encountering Familiar Faces

In the middle of the day, Tang Xiu met a happy Li Laoshan, but what made Tang Xiu at a loss whether to laugh or cry was Li Laoshan's entire grand parade of 16 bodyguards in black suits and black sunglasses, who greeted and escorted him just as he came to hotel entrance. The scene was so strange that it garnered the attention of many people, thinking that there was a movie in the making!

"Old Brother Li, can you at least act low profile?"

Tang Xiu, who was wearing a casual outfit with a duckbill cap, added large black sunglasses on his face. Dressing up like that was mainly due to what had happened in the morning, when he accompanied his aunt, Tang Min, to stroll around shopping. At that time, he had to go through a bitter experience of being surrounded by tons of people. After all, this time was completely different than the days in past. Firstly, it was because the footage of him singing while playing the zither at the Shanghai University's freshmen welcoming party, and secondly was because of his identity as the young divine doctor who rendered medical services at Star City Chinese Medical Hospital, which resulted in him becoming a celebrity.

No, that was not entirely accurate!

He was now even hotter than a celebrity! Because every person, be it an 80-years-old or a teenage, always greeted him as long as they were able to recognize him, asking for his signature and requesting to take pictures together. Moreover, the number was simply too big to count.

"Well, there's nothing I can do about it, Brother Tang," said Li Laoshan with a grin. "I brought Yuchang Sword with me, thus I'm afraid that people with crooked thoughts will come after it! By the way, it's you that's making me feel strange. Why are you looking like this? If I wasn't familiar with you I really wouldn't have been able to recognize you."

"I dislike the fact that my appearance doesn't look low profile enough, though," Tang Xiu forced a smile. "I've been run in tough situations whenever I go outside ever since that footage of me giving medical services at the Star City Medical Hospital got uploaded to the internet. There's always someone recognizing me whenever I come out. I really wish I could go to H country and have a facial plastic surgery or something like that."

"Hahaha..." Li Laoshan burst into laughter. "I did watch the footage of you giving medical services at Star City Chinese Medical Hospital. I really liked it! Especially about the dialogue saying that you would donate money; it quite touched my heart. This old bro of yours may be a layman in medical terms, but I also have a heart! Hence, I donated 1 million yuan to the Star City Chinese Medical Hospital's relief fund. Besides, the Star City Chinese Medical Hospital's website has just featured thei relief fund page, and it's really great. It's transparent enough. Enough to make all donors with goodwill and intention feel relieved."

"About that, it was kinda unintentional intention, to be honest," said Tang Xiu with a smile. "Anyways, let us not talk about this subject anymore, alright? What about the upcoming underground auction? Where will it be held?"

"The venue is in a very covert place, you'll simply be unable to imagine. Okay, follow me! There's less than two hours away from the auction now. If we hurry up we'll be able to get there before 2 PM."

Yongding River! It was one of the main tributaries in the Hai River system in Beijing, as well as the largest river flowing through the city. And this very underground auction was going to be held in this river.

"Old Brother Li, are you not mistaken? Are we really going to take this small wooden boat to participate in that underground auction?" On the bank of a certain part of the river, Tang Xiu wore a strange expression as he gazed at the dozens of small wooden boats along with the burly men in black suits before him. Tang Xiu's expression was that of disbelief when he asked.