Chapter 1181 - Chapter 1190

Chapter 1181: The Challenge to Battle

One of the eight masked men paced two steps forward and answered, "Kitagawa discovered us halfway and shook us off. We've investigated it and it turned out that he has other subordinates in the capital. They were also the ones who intercepted us."

"And those people?" asked General Fukuda with a grim expression and surging killing intent in his eyes.

"We killed some of them, whereas the rest committed suicide by poison," answered the masked man respectfully. "They should be... dead."

General Fukuda's expression drastically changed. Training and grooming trusted confidantes were easy, but to train people to be ready to die for you was as difficult as ascending to heaven. How did Kitagawa achieve it? He turned out to have trained his death squad without him aware of it?

A short while after, General Fukuda and the red-haired man appeared on the camp's outer ring, and the scene of 19 dead bodies there caused their eyes to fill with murderous intent.

"He's 1184, the only survivor in five locations, General." The giant man came to the front of General Fukuda, kneeling on one knee and reporting while his body was drenched wet by his sweat.

Shooting a cold look at 1184, General Fukuda coldly spoke to the man, "You must know who the enemy is since you're still alive."

1184's lips squirmed a few times, but he shook his head after a while. "That mysterious female assassin just appeared out of nowhere, General Fukuda. It was like she just pierced through space and we were suddenly attacked without noticing anything at all. I didn't see any of her accomplices, but I did see some dazzling lights in the woods afar, like a reflection... from a sniper rifle's magnification glass."

"Piercing through space and appearing out of the blue?" General Fukuda frowned and said, "That's impossible! If my guess is correct, that one must be an extremely powerful expert. Her speed must be extremely fast and made you see illusions all of a sudden. But you must have seen her appearance since you don't know who she is, no? Does she have any peculiar characteristics?"

1184 tried to recall and said, "I don't know what she looks like since she wore a bronze mask. But I've seen her attire before when we fought the Joyous Palace people. Several women wore that kind of attire—a particular kind of long gown and with their hairs on the temples. Oh, I also noticed a black snake pattern on her neckband."

"A Mistress of the Joyous Palace, huh?"

Killing intent overflowed in General Fukuda's eyes. Yet, he kept his disbelief inside. The location of this Gene Camp was extremely secretive and it was being guarded by four armies stationed around it. Only core people knew about it, so he really had no idea how the Joyous Palace people could accurately find it.

"We cannot delay and wait any longer since they found our home, General." The red-haired man interjected. "We all know that the Joyous Palace is like a time bomb and may explode at any time. Hence, we must get rid of this bomb as soon as possible, else we'll lose lots of our people."

General Fukuda nodded in response. Then, he said in a deep voice, "We got a crazy and insolent adversary here. No longer can we endure and tolerate them anymore. Contact Kitagawa and tell him to hurry back. And summon all the genetic warriors to get ready for battle!"

"Are we going to storm the Joyous Palace, General?" asked the red-haired man quickly.

"Hmph, the Joyous Palace built their base on an isolated island which is protected by some powerful arrays as well," said General Fukuda with a sneer. "Our losses will be great if we are to attack it rashly, so we can only fish them out and then give them a beating."