Chapter 1041 - Chapter 1050

Chapter 1041: The Six Family's Cooperation

As Tang Wei took Tian Xiaomeng away, Tang Xiu came to the backyard alone. He met several acquaintances on the way here, such as the Guangyang Province's Bai Family's patriarch, the Fukang Province's Huang Family's patriarch, and several familiar faces he knew in the business community. Certainly, there was also someone that made him feel interested, which was his future father-in-law, Mu Jianhua.

After greeting them and exchanging some pleasantries, Tang Xiu came to the main room and saw his grandfather, Tang Guosheng, accompanying several old men. He immediately came over and greeted. "Everything has been solved, Grandfather."

"That's great. I heard from Duanmu Lin that your performance was great this time too, Kid," said Tang Guosheng happily. "Anyways, come here. I'll introduce you to these elders..."

Chu Heng, the patriarch of the Chu Family. Song Gang, the Song Family's patriarch. Mu Hongtao, the Mu Family's patriarch. Bai Yichen, the Bai Family's patriarch. And lastly, Li Shirong, the Li Family's patriarch.

After Tang Xiu greeted each and every one of them, he then smilingly said, "Grandpa, please talk amongst yourselves first. I haven't greeted Grandma yet, and I must go outside to welcome guests as well."

"You're exempted from receiving guests, Xiu'er. Yunpeng and Yunqing are enough to handle it." Tang Guosheng waved and said, "Anyways, we have some issues to discuss here, and the elders want to talk to you as well."

After hearing this, Tang Xiu pulled a bench and took a seat next to Tang Guosheng. Then, he curiously asked, "What's the issue, though?"

Tang Guosheng exchanged glances with the other old men and said, "There's a big project planned in the country recently, which is the opening and development of the Mang City in the western region. This is a big project with a total investment exceeding 100 billion yuan—and it could exceed hundreds of billions of yuan should there be any unforeseen events. No matter how good the national policy is, the country can't afford the funds needed. Therefore, it's been decided that a national tender for it is going to be carried out. We've just discussed it and we hope to obtain the right to develop it."

"But there's something I want to know first, Grandpa." Tang Xiu furrowed his brows and asked, "What is there that makes Mang City worth developing?"

"There are three aspects." Tang Guosheng began explaining, "First, the Mang City's geographical position is very special—it's at the junction point of the three Western provinces. If it can be transformed into a real metropolis, the country will invest some funds to build road connections that fully connect it to the three provinces. Second, there will definitely be an important tourist area in the country later since the place itself has an excellent natural environment with a large number of state-protected animal species. It will, therefore, attract a lot of domestic and foreign tourists, which in itself is worth the development. And the third..."

Tang Guosheng paused explaining as he got to that point.

Wearing a curious look, Tang Xiu felt that the first two reasons were somehow a bit forced. After all, for an investment project exceeding 100 billion yuan or even hundreds of billions, these two reasons were far from enough. After he gave it some thought, he asked, "What's the third reason?"

"It's due to mineral deposits," said Tang Guosheng. "A huge copper deposit was recently discovered in the mountain near Mang City. The country will soon build a mine to exploit the copper deposit there. By then, the number of residents will substantially increase, and it will qualify to be a big city."

'A copper mine?'

A surprised look appeared on Tang Xiu's face. Should the mineral deposit really that huge, the mining would indeed need a large number of workers, and they would even move their families there, while the development of the city would also attract more people to settle there.