Chapter 06 - Chapter 10

Chapter 6 - Humiliation

When Tang Xiu arrived at the classroom, most of his classmates were engrossed in their studies as they plough through pages after pages of past-year paper, while a hand full of them were reciting out loud their textbooks. A tense atmosphere filled the entire classroom.

As the final-year examination was only three months away, their main class teacher and subject teachers emphasised on the importance of this examination time and again. With wave after wave of weekly and monthly test given to the year three students, this bunch of seventeen years old youth can't help but feel nervous.

Seeing the eye-catching countdown number for the final-year examination on the blackboard and all his classmates studying intensely, Tang Xiu felt that he did not fit in with this world.

"Since I'm here just to fulfil my mother's wish and not here to really study, I need not be too bothered about my surrounding." Tang Xiu quickly retracted his gaze as he walked to his desk.

What Tang Xiu didn't expect was that just when he stepped into the classroom, all his classmates that were initially busy doing their revision stopped what they were doing and turned to look at Tang Xiu.

Those looks were filled with despise, ridicule, disdain and loathe which Tang Xiu could not discern the reason for it.

"Tang Xiu, we don't welcome you here, get out!" Suddenly, a tall and skinny youth with a face filled with despise pointed his finger and ordered Tang Xiu with a broken gong-like voice which resounded throughout the classroom. (TLN: gong = a metal disc with a turned rim, like those big round disc that produces a "gong" like sound when you hit them, like the ones you see in historical Chinese shows)

Feeling the strong hostility coming out from the tall and skinny body, Tang Xiu's gaze turned cold as killing intent surfaced out from his body.

The tall and skinny classmate was called Yang Jian and he was a member of the class revision committee. He was always opposing Tang Xiu because he resented Tang Xiu for scoring better than him during the entrance exam, and when Tang Xiu's academic performance deteriorated, Yang Jian grabbed the chance to ridicule and suppressed him.

"Tang Xiu, we don't welcome you here, get out!"

Before Tang Xiu had the chance to question Yang Jian, a clamor resounded throughout the classroom as wave after wave of perilous loud shouts caused Tang Xiu to freeze momentarily while still at the entrance.

Just when he wanted to clarify exactly what was going on, a loud "clang" sound echoed throughout the class. When Tang Xiu looked over, he saw that a fat guy at the last row had smashed his chair onto the table.

The strength that the fatty had used was simply too great that the classroom tremored slightly. After the loud smashing sound, the uproar abruptly stopped and the classroom became dead silent as the classmates who were actively bashing Tang Xiu seemed as if they were strangled by the neck.

"Its just Tang Xiu's grade being a little bit poorer and its not his intention to be like this, is there a need to go against him?"

"Tang Xiu is my tablemate and I have seen him put in so much effort in the past one year. I dare to say that Tang Xiu is the most diligent in his studies out of everyone here, if not for the car accident one year ago all of you here would not even have the chance to be able to catch up to his silhouette, so what qualifications do you all have to reproach him."