Chapter 781 - Chapter 790

Chapter 781 - The Power of Prophecy

After the short meeting, Tang Xiu left Guomao Hotel. The compensation Duanmu Lin gave Tang Xiu was not substantial, but he earned a share of the treasures from exploring the vestige. There was still half a month before May 1st, so Tang Xiu was not in a hurry.

He had taken care of most of the issues that were on Jingmen Island except to stay to accompany Gu Yan'er for a couple of days, after which he decided to return to Shanghai.

Amidst the shades of the night, two cars headed toward the Everlasting Feast Hall on the wide road, illuminated by street lights on both sides. Tang Xiu sat in the backseat of the front car, a smile on his handsome face, feeling very satisfied as he recalled the scene of the meeting with Duanmu Lin.

As long as Duanmu Lin and the ability users under his control didn't make trouble with him, the Tang Family would be able to rest easy and he didn't have to worry about doing anything. Tang Xiu was crystal clear about the promise he had been given before going to Mist Source Island, and the green book that was given to him was not taken back.

With that in hand, he could act and execute without prior approval from any authority—his privilege to exterminate others.

His eyes saw through the windows outside. It was already late at night, but some cars were still passing by. He finally felt a trace of weariness as he enjoyed the quietness and serenity inside the car after having been continuously plagued with things he had to deal with for many days.

Ring, ring, ring...

His cell phone rang for an unknown time, waking Tang Xiu up from his sleep. He found that the car had returned to the parking lot of the Everlasting Feast Hall. Mo Awu sat motionless in the driver's seat, while Jin Shi and the rest scattered to the surroundings without disturbing him.

"How long have I slept?" asked Tang Xiu as he took his phone.

Mo Awu turned back and said, "Four hours, Boss. It's 4:30 AM now. I decided not to disturb you since you were fast asleep."

Tang Xiu faintly smiled and glanced at the phone screen. It was a call from Xue Yu. He immediately picked up the call and spoke, "Hello, Xue Yu. You haven't slept yet?"

"There's something I need to talk to you about, Tang Xiu."

"Pray tell!"

"I just ascended in my cultivation last night and I kind of had an impulse to divine your future as well as some people who are related to you. I can't make heads or tails about your future, but I kind of have the foresight for another situation. I don't know whether the person is important to you, but there's someone who is kind of facing peril in the near future. She's now in the south..."

Tang Xiu was startled and quickly asked, "Who is it?"

"I don't know who it is. The specifics escape me, but she's a woman," said Xue Yu with a forced smile. "Also, she should have just escaped in a hairbreadth. Her exact position is in the waters near Jingmen Island. Ah, that's right--there's also a lightning storm; she's inside the lightning storm near Jingmen Island."

"Any other clue?" asked Tang Xiu.

"Yes. She's not Chinese and I don't think she's entirely human," answered Xue Yu. "Pay attention to your safety if you wanna save her."

Tang Xiu was stunned. He racked his brain, trying to recall anyone he knew who could be in danger.

'Not a Chinese... and not a human? But she was very important to me?'