Chapter 791 - Chapter 800

Chapter 791 - Self Sacrifice for the Greater Good

Zhu Long didn't know what origin and background Tang Xiu had, nor did he know why his immediate superior would allow this fellow to participate in the highly confidential exploration mission of three-star vestige. He quietly observed Tang Xiu while swallowing the wine. He was rather discontented that he couldn't see what kind of particularities this fellow might have.

"Can I ask you something, Tang Xiu?"

"Please do. I'll answer it without hiding anything as long as it's convenient for me to answer," replied Tang Xiu.

"Since we're a team and I'll act as the captain, I must know what kind of ability each member has," said Zhu Long. "I need to have the situation under control when we explore the vestige, so tell me what type of superpower do you have?"

Tang Xiu thought for a moment and said, "My power is very strong and I also have very fast speed. But it's rather complicated to say it. There's something I need to tell you clearly now, though. I will obey your command before entering this three-star vestige, but I'll separate from the team after entering and will not be your burden."

"Nonsense!" Zhu Long slapped the table and angrily said, "The three-star vestige is a very dangerous place, far from what you can imagine! Don't you fucking try to play a hero if you wanna join my team. Either you fully obey my command or give up now!"

Tang Xiu slightly frowned. He thought for a moment before taking out his mobile and then dialed a cell number. At the same time, he turned the loudspeaker on and spoke after the call was connected, "Senior Duanmu?"

"Ah, Tang Xiu. Have you met Zhu Long?" Duanmu Lin's voice came from the mobile.

"I met him, but I need you to speak to him to clear up about some issues," said Tang Xiu.

"What issues?" Asked Duanmu Lin.

"After entering this three-star vestige, I need to leave the team and explore the vestige on my own," said Tang Xiu. "He is against it, so I need you to tell him clearly about it."

A mockery could be seen clearly in Zhu Long's eyes. He knew better than anyone else about his Boss's temper. Duanmu Lin would never comply with this ridiculous request. It would be strange if he did—he would probably revoke Tang Xiu's eligibility immediately in joining the team to enter the vestige.

"Give the phone to Zhu Long." Duanmu Lin's voice came again.

Tang Xiu put the mobile on the table and pushed it forward and said, "Senior Duanmu wants to talk to you. Speak with him!"

Zhu Long sneered, "Chief Duanmu, if you want to revoke Tang Xiu's qualification, then let Xiao Bing join! She has long been preparing to join the exploration mission for this vestige."

"Who told you I'll revoke Tang Xiu's qualification?" Duanmu Lin's voice transmitted out. "Zhu Long, you'll agree to his request to leave the team after entering the vestige."

"What?"

Zhu Long's voice increased several octaves and disbelief filled his eyes. Could it be that he happened to have an auditory hallucination or something? How could the Chief give such an answer?

He... is he out of his mind?

"Didn't you hear it clearly?" said Duanmu Lin seriously. "Or should I repeat it for you again?"

Zhu Long swallowed his saliva and looked up to shoot a deep look at Tang Xiu. He then bitterly smiled and said, "Roger that! I will naturally accept it since you've decided. However, we won't be responsible once he leaves the team and faces any danger in the three-star vestige."