Chapter 291 - Chapter 300

Chapter 291: Envy and Jealousy

As expected, when the dealer opened the dices' cover the number of the three dices were: 2, 3, and 4 respectively. It was a small number. Apart from one person who won a small amount of money, the remaining ten or so gamblers all lost.

"Well, an expert won't win before the third game!"

Fatty Li had just lost 20 thousand within a minute, yet he didn't care about it, instead, he looked at Tang Xiu cheerfully. Such amount of money to him was perhaps the price of a meal, not even enough to buy famous brand clothes.

Watching as he was about to place another bet, Tang Xiu pulled his hand and calmly said, "Let's go somewhere else. I don't wanna play dice anymore."

"What? Do you think it's hard to win here? In actuality, it's hard to win a gambling in the casino. Have you heard the saying that nine out of ten gamblers will lose?" Fatty Li stared as he immediately let his hand free and said with a smile.

Tang Xiu replied with a smile, "Nine out of ten losing means that nobody wins, no? People who have a mentality of leaving things to luck and chance are in essence greedy inside their hearts. Like this, only the casinos will prosper."

Fatty Li nodded and praised with a sigh, "You said it well. Every person has greed inside them. They can see it yet are unable to control it. They know the principle that betting small is meant for enjoyment, and gambling big is just feeding their vice, yet such greed is something so difficult for gamblers to handle. For example, there are also a few local bosses who are gambling on the second floor tonight! They, alas... perhaps they're losing their hard-earned capital there."

The local magnates were gambling here?

Tang Xiu was stunned and asked in amazement, "Isn't this resort a place for recreation? How come people are here to gambling?"

Fatty Li snorted, "What else can they do aside from wasting their money since they haven't eaten to the full and have noone important to support and nothing to do? However, I also heard that there is a bit of grudge between them, though. Besides, it's a given that some conflicts would arise after they met here anyway. Also, I heard that someone from Qingcheng Mountain was invited. He's a direct disciple of the Saint of Gambler in Las Vegas and he even won big tonight!"

"Someone from Qingcheng Mountain? Who's he?" asked Tang Xiu, surprised.

Fatty Li turned and looked around as he whispered, "He's a small fish conman who used to be a scammer. Later on, he entered the business world, using his once-accumulated personal connections to obtain several good-producing coal mines in Northwest China, from which he got quite a fortune these years. Little Brother, you gotta remember, this guy is kinda crafty and devious, so you gotta keep your vigilance and be cautious when you bump into him later."

Tang Xiu nodded and looked pensive.

Amid their chat, they finally arrived at the roulette machines spot. Playing was as simple as inserting a chip, which it would then be identified by the machine. Were a chip with a 10K value be inserted into it, it would be exchanged for 1000 points by the machine, whereas each point was equal to 1 dollar. In other words, inserting the chip into the machine would have a value that was equivalent to one-tenth of the original.

However, the roulette wheel was divided into multiplier areas with the lowest being at 0 times. If the arrow pointed at the 0 times area in the wheel disk, then one would lose with not even a dime back. In addition, the multipliers from low to high respectively were: 0, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1000 times.

There were two areas between 0 to 50-multipliers while there was only one area from 100 to 1000-multipliers.

At this time, only three gamblers were playing in front of the six roulette machines. Tang Xiu let out a slight smile as he looked at Fatty Li, "How about we play this one? It's simple and crude, while winning and losing will all be decided by luck."