Chapter 1071 - Chapter 1080

Chapter 1071: Shedding Blood Like Water

Thousands of pairs of eyes were all focusing on Tang Xiu at this moment. Figures flickered lightning-fast towards him as he fell.

"Sect Master!!!"

With a face full of worries, Mo Awu dashed to Tang Xiu's side. He didn't hesitate to take out a few Holy Healing pills and quickly stuffed them into Tang Xiu's mouth.

Tang Xiu's complexion was pale as paper and his body was drenched with sweat. He struggled to squeeze out a smile while and said hoarsely, "Help me sit."

Carefully propping Tang Xiu up, Mo Awu then let him sit cross-legged on the ground. Then, he concernedly asked, "Are you really okay, Sect Master?"

"I lost nearly half of my blood, so it's a given that I'm now weak." Tang Xiu shook his head. "But rest assured, though. Nothing will happen to my life."

The Blood Ignition Art was a terrifying secret art Tang Xiu created when he was in the Immortal World. This secret art could be used in line with arrays, so he could kill enemies that were ten times stronger than him. It could turn the whole array into a solid melting furnace to melt all the lives inside it.

At this moment, dozens of human experts rushed to Tang Xiu—the three Nascent Soul Stage experts, Duanmu Lin, and Han Qingwu, who stopped playing her zither. All of them heard Tang Xiu's remark and wore extremely shocked complexions. They never thought that Tang Xiu would use such a method to kill demonic beasts, losing nearly half of his blood.

For human beings, their blood was the most important before they ascended and became immortals. Only death awaited them should they lose too much blood.

Duanmu Lin slightly shivered. After kneeling beside Tang Xiu, he said with full respect on his face, "I may not know what you've done, Tang Xiu. But I believe you did it for our country, for the sake of humanity as a whole. Thank you. Please take a rest and recuperate well. Just give us those demonic beasts to slaughter. We won't let you be killed as long as you're alive."

Tang Xiu let out a vague smile wordlessly. His eyes, however, swept around and paused a second after they landed on Han Qingwu's face, who looked very worried.

"Everyone, I'll leave the rest to you for the time being. I need to recuperate first, so please do what you must do!"

After saying that, he directly shut his eyes and immersed himself into cultivation.

Duanmu Lin looked at Mo Awu and said in a deep voice, "Assign some people to protect Tang Xiu. We're going to slay those demonic beasts. But keep in mind that if you see that the situation is going south, immediately take Tang Xiu and leave this place!"

"Rest assured." Mo Awu nodded and said, "Sect Master's life is more important than mine."

Suddenly, an exclamation came out from the crowd, "Heaven! What just happened? How come the array in front... is burning?"

In that instant, everyone's eyes shifted to the Demons and Immortals Slaughtering Array. The scene of the array gradually turning scarlet shocked them the most. It was like it had turned into a gigantic melting pot, even the thousands of cultivators could hear the howling and screams of the tens of thousands of demonic beasts.

Han Qingwu had a distressed look in her eyes. Then, she vaguely said, "It's because of the Blood Ignition Art activated in line with the Heaven and Earth array. Once both activate at the same time, it will burn down all the enemies inside the array completely, unless they are strong enough to escape. However, those who cast this Blood Ignition Art must force out a huge amount of their blood to be condensed into blood essence, which will create a harming backlash and leave the caster in a very weak condition. He... he just used... his life to slay those demonic beasts."