Chapter 681 - Chapter 690

Chapter 681: Tagging Along Like Dogskin Plaster

Tang Xiu frowned. After more than ten seconds in silence, only then did he slowly ask, "Who exactly is your Ancestress?"

Xue Yu gently raised her hand to uncover her veil. As the face of a woman that could topple a kingdom appeared in front of Tang Xiu, she then said with a slight smile, "That Old Ancestress of mine is someone blind who also comes from Miao Region like me. She knows the matter of the ancient as well as the present and walks on the path of life divination."

Startled, Tang Xiu asked with an astounded expression, "Old Blind has neither sons nor daughters, I believe. There's no way she has any family member whatsoever, no?"

"There are reasons why we address her as our Ancestress. It's not because we are related by blood." Xue Yu shook her head and said with a smile. "The Ancestress was fated to have fate claim her husband and halt her marriage, thus she naturally has no sons or daughters. However, she is actually the patron saint as well as the oldest elder for us, the Miao people. So, all the clans and tribes of the Miao People address her as Ancestress."

Tang Xiu understood in a flash. He then touched his nose and helplessly said, "You Ancestress is kind of listening to my commands, so shouldn't you listen to my command as well?"

A cunning light flashed in Xue Yu's eyes as she smilingly replied, "I can obey everything you order me to do other than the ancestor's custom that must not be changed. We, the Miao, have an ancient saying that our woman must stay faithful and content with the man she has married with. You are my future husband, thus I'll do whatever you ask me."

"Knock it off!"

Tang Xiu felt like he was stuck with the gum he chewed, and quickly said, "Rules are dead, but people are living! That custom passed down by your Ancestress need to be broken by the later generations. Miss Xue, I already have a girlfriend and we also have an excellent relationship, and with me taking you up as per your condition, do you really want to be a third person between us? Besides, I do think that Chu Yuan is the most suitable candidate for you."

"No, I don't think he is." Xue Yu shook her head.

With that said, she slowly took out a small porcelain bottle and poured out a black pill from it, saying, "I only have two choices if you don't want to accept me as per the custom of my clan. First is to kill you, and second is to commit suicide. I know your identity, thus I don't think I can kill you. So the only choice I have is the last one: commit suicide."

"If you wanna die, then do it yourself," said Tang Xiu with a frown.

Xue Yu's eyes turned dark and her jade-like hand straightly threw the pill into her mouth, and then slowly closed her eyes at this moment.

Tang Xiu was dumbfounded. He had already identified the efficacy of the black pill through its smell; it was definitely a highly poisonous pill. Let alone an ordinary person, even a cultivator with a low-level cultivation would die if he took it.

Bam...

His palm patted Xue Yu's chest. Though he could feel the plump and supple sensation from it, there was no evil in his mind. As his Primal Chaos Force entered Xue Yu's body, it wrapped and controlled the black pill that was about to melt in just half a second. Meanwhile, his hand pressed Xue Yu's cheek and forced the black pill out of her mouth.

"Stupid!" Scolded Tang Xiu coldly.

Xue Yu opened her eyes, but her eyes were still dead. She shook her head and said, "You can save me once, but you can't save me every time. I will die unless you promise to marry me."