Chapter 1261 - Chapter 1270

Chapter 1261: Big Sis-In-Law

"Money is not omnipotent in this world, but it does nearly serve as an all-purpose thing." Tang Xiu indifferently said, "You need a colossal amount of money to buy cultivation resources if you want to cultivate and keep becoming stronger. This subordinate of yours should also feel the same."

"That's right!" The young man nodded and then added, "All of my money has been used to buy things that can help me improve my strength all these years indeed."

"I suppose you always buy it on the black market, yes?" Tang Xiu smilingly said, "To be honest, I also have been wanting to visit the black market to broaden my knowledge. But I haven't been able to go there since many things got me occupied."

"Well, that place is neither a good or bad place if you ask me," the young man replied.

Tang Xiu smiled indifferently in response, shifted back to Gao Beilei and faintly said, "The wicked tumors in the Magnificent Tang Corporation are to be eradicated directly. The list I just gave those guys is the names of Chen Liwei's lackeys. Therefore, you are to announce that Chen Liwei and more than 20 people under him were fired by the company because of corruption. Other than that, you are to summon the Head of the Security Department of the Magnificent Tang Corporation here now!"

Gao Beilei nodded, but then she hesitated as she thought that Tang Xiu would strike the Security Department as well. "Boss, the Security Department's Head, Su Ben, has always been a loyal and honest figure here. He's also very capable. I don't think he's in cahoots with Chen Liwei's group."

Su Ben?

As a smile climbed up on Tang Xiu's face, he could see the concern and worry flash past Gao Beilei's eyes. Then, he chuckled and said, "I know Su Ben. But I'm a bit surprised to see you protecting him! That's a surprise to me. I suppose you have a good personal relationship with him, yes?"

Gao Beilei hesitated before a bitter smile appeared on her face and she said, "Actually, we've been concealing our relationship to the company for the time being. But now that Boss asked me about it, I have to tell you that... Su Ben and I... are husband and wife. We already have the legal certificate for more than a year, but we haven't had a banquet yet."

"Huh? Come again?"

Tang Xiu suddenly got up from the sofa and looked at Gao Beilei incredulously, asking, "You... you got married to Su Ben? How did you... get together?"

Gao Beilei looked a bit shy, but she quickly suppressed it and replied, "Su Ben has an honest and pure character, and I gradually came to like him after getting along for some time. In actuality, it was I who pursued him..."

Tang Xiu looked at Gao Beilei with an expression of being at a loss whether he had to cry or laugh. He waved to the young man to leave, leaving him and Gao Beilei in the office. Afterward, he poured a cup of tea and took it as he walked to Gao Beilei and handed it to her, which made her extremely flattered. Then, he said, "Big Sis-in-law, I had no idea you had such a relationship with Brother Ben before, so many of my actions were rather offensive to you. I hope you can forgive me. Also... don't tell Brother Ben about what happened between us today. Otherwise, he'll definitely smack me for sure."

Gao Beilei was flabbergasted and dumbly stared at Tang Xiu, who wore a forced smile. Her shock was even greater than when she heard Tang Xiu was a cultivator.

Big... sister-in-law?

The dignified Big Boss of the Magnificent Tang Corporation, a fearsome cultivator who is addressed by his subordinates as Your Majesty, a super big personage... yet he actually... called me... big sis-in-law?