Chapter 1331 - Chapter 1340

Chapter 1331: Star Tears' Suspicion

After hurrying back to the Misty Spring Ocean, Tang Xiu chose to retreat in seclusion directly. But instead of immersing himself in cultivation, he spent his time refining Five-colored Toadstools into poison pills.

The work occupied him for an entire month. When Tang Xiu took the 10 Myriad Poison Pills and came out of Repose Cliff, he saw Gu Xiaoxue sitting cross-legged on the edge of the cliff while playing with two Immortal Crystals. Her face, however, looked thin and pale.

"Xiaoxue!"

Tang Xiu walked and smilingly asked, "Looks like you have something weighing in your mind, yes?"

Gu Xiaoxue floated up and intimately grabbed Tang Xiu's hand and forced a smile. "We're broke. We have no money left, Grand Master. I think we'll only be able to support military expenses for two more months at most."

"Huh?" Tang Xiu froze for a moment and looked bewildered. "Didn't I leave quite a lot of Immortal Crystals and Crystal Essences before? How can all of them be used up this fast?"

"Well, most of the Immortal Crystals and Crystal Essences were used to purchase cultivation resources. The consumption rate of those 400,000 soldiers doesn't need to be mentioned, while we also must give each Perfected Golden Immortal 1 million Immortal Crystals. We only have 2.6 million Immortal Crystals and a few hundreds of Crystal Essences left as of now."

Tang Xiu frowned slightly, remembering that before returning from Agaric Castle, he had paid that old man 500,000 Crystal Essences and then sent tens of millions to Agaric Castle to pay the remaining 7 million Crystal Essences he owed and back with some Seven-colored Toadstool.

It was still the same kind of problem time and again where their spending kept flowing enormously.

Furthermore, Tang Xiu clearly remembered another thing. When Apotheon Mu returned from Immortal Lyceum, he told him that Apotheosis Bella gave him all the Immortal Crystals and Crystal Essences the Immortal Lyceum had, so the Immortal Lyceum's financial situation was also very tight now.

Tang Xiu didn't plan to visit the Convict Arena again. He just recently returned to the Immortal World, yet he visited the Convict Arena many times already, either to buy their deathmatch fighters or to gamble. It was bound to attract the attention of the high-level people there. Back when in the Immortal Domain when he left the Convict Arena, the other party was investigating him, though he did quickly leave the place without a trace.

And now, if he were to visit the Convict Arena to gamble again, it was very likely that he'd easily be noticed by the other party.

"Seems like going back to the old business can't be avoided."

Tang Xiu's eyes flickered. After sending a message with the Message Token, Apotheon Mu came shortly after. Without waiting for him to speak, Tang Xiu straightly asked, "Do the star regions near the Misty Spring Ocean have some rich and wicked people?"

Apotheon Mu thought for a while before replying, "I think there are some. I remember there's a place about thousands of kilometers away from Misty Spring Ocean called Myriad Demons Grotto. The owner of this Myriad Demons Grotto is called Barefooted Demon, an old lunatic fiend. Ruthless and merciless as he is, he stops at nothing in doing all kinds of evil deeds. More importantly, many indigenous people in that star region are forced to flee because of their helplessness facing the persecution of this group of ruthless experts that plunge the region into chaos. Those that cannot escape can only be enslaved there."

"And you haven't dealt with him all this time?" asked Tang Xiu inquisitively.

"To be honest, I'm not even a match for Barefooted Demon, Master." Apotheon Mu bitterly smiled. "He's a very powerful Perfected Golden Immortal, and he still also has two other Perfected Golden Immortals and tens of Golden Immortals under him. I've been there and attempted to remove him before but returned back wounded."