Chapter 941 - Chapter 950

Chapter 941: A Commitment

Complexion turned grim, Kanaja clearly recalled that he had just concluded the negotiation with Tang Xiu and thus cleared out all the enmities between both sides. Yet now Tang Xiu proposed such a request? Isn't this equal to going back on his commitment?

As a shrewd and experienced man, however, he didn't let his rage take over and instead stared at Tang Xiu deeply and asked instead, "Firstly, may I know whose lives you wanna buy, Mr. Tang?"

"All who know the existence of Spectre here besides yourself," answered Tang Xiu. "If my guess is correct, aside from your lieutenants and trusted men, that would also include Songzan's men."

The request made Kanaja abruptly get up and cry out in shock, "But why, Mr. Tang?"

"Kanaja, the fact that you can hold your ground to mix and stir the turbid water in Bangkok is the evidence of your power and resourcefulness, meaning that you also have your own reliable intel network," said Tang Xiu with a dead serious face. "Based on that, you must have heard the incidents regarding what happened to the #1319 max-security prison in Israel that detained a large number of highly dangerous convicts all over the world, right? And you should've guessed the mastermind behind it, which is me."

"It was really you?!" Kanaja trembled, both surprised and shocked.

"You're a smart man, so don't tell me you're unable to draw out the conclusion that it was my doing given the presence of Spectre here," said Tang Xiu indifferently.

"It was your friend, Young Master Bai, who reminded me about it. I myself wouldn't have come to this conjecture otherwise." Kanaja forced a wry smile and said, "But how does it have anything to do with buying my men's lives?"

"Well, only dead men tell no tales," said Tang Xiu apathetically. "You may be able to keep your mouth shut about the appearance of Spectre, but speaking the same for your men is hardly a guarantee. I give you my word that I won't hold you accountable for the previous issue, yet the more important issue still remains—the trace of Spectre and the rest of the convicts. Now you think for yourself, if anyone who is concerned with the whereabouts of Spectre and the rest learn about this, would they just give it up? Instead of letting all these convicts go to Bangkok to deal with this problem themselves, it's better for you to take a stand and save yourself the trouble."

With his scalp tingling, Kanaja felt a chill run down his spine. Just Spectre alone already made him a bit scared. What if hundreds of those dreadful convicts came here later? It was definitely better for him to commit suicide right here and now.

But then again, while he couldn't care less about Songzan and his men, the rest under him were men he had trained to be his trusted confidants. Erasing all of them would be too much of a loss for him.

Seeing that it was difficult for Kanaja to decide on the issue, Tang Xiu then spoke again, "You may have to lose some of your men, but I think obtaining my friendship is still a very good deal should you take my offer. There's also something else you haven't learned of yet. Singluen will become the Patriarch of the Dark Shaman clan, which I'm sure is an entity you have some knowledge about. With a clan with such deep heritage and Singluen who is my good friend at the helm, you will not only obtain my friendship, but will also secure Singluen's friendship. Hence, I think having his friendship will be of great help to you should you want to develop and expand further in Thailand later."

"Singluen is going to be the Dark Shaman's Patriarch? How is this possible?" asked Kanaja in shock. "To the best of my knowledge, the current Head of this clan is still in his prime, while Singluen also has a big brother called Singkuo."