Chapter 221 - Chapter 225

Chapter 221: Disappointment

A surprised glint flashed from Mu Wanying's eyes. She knew that this professor had a few precious ores he got from an ancient tomb many years ago. Those objects were regarded as his treasured collection.

Thus, she was very curious. Tang Xiu was very young, why would he want to buy those few precious ores?

"Alright, let's have dinner!"

Professor Hu himself didn't care whether Le Baiyi was willing to sell the ores or not. His purpose was simple- clarify Tang Xiu's identity, and meet his old friend while convenient.

After they sat, Le Baiyi asked with a seemingly inadvertent manner, "Anyways, your name is Tang Xiu, isn't it? You too know that the values of the Wintertide Fluorite and the Star Fragment Stone are extremely high. Might you tell me for what purpose you're buying them?"

"To forge some tools." Tang Xiu said calmly.

For a moment, Le Baiyi stared blankly. Following that, he laughed involuntarily, "Hahaha, are you kidding me?" Then, he immediately continued, "For the Wintertide Fluorite I can believe that, since it's structure is easy to melt and cut. But the Star Fragment Stone has a degree of hardness that can be compared to diamond! This joke's not funny at all."

Tang Xiu didn't explain. Others might be unable to forge tools from the Star Fragment Stone, but he can easily melt it. Would ordinary people even be able to understand his refining technique to begin with?

Professor Hu's curiosity was sparked once again. After hesitating for a moment, he asked, "Tang Xiu, you said you want to forge tools. Can you tell me about the forging methods? Also, what kind of object are you going to forge from it?"

Tang Xiu said lightly, "It's just some small objects and not worth mentioning, to be honest. However, as for the forging method, you won't be able to understand it even if I say it."

"... ..."

Professor Hu and Le Baiyi looked at each other and paused before they secretly shook their heads.

Extremely arrogant!

Tang Xiu was way too arrogant in their minds. What he said incensed them. Even Mu Wanying also felt that Tang Xiu was arrogant and couldn't help but have feel some contempt at him.

Looking at Mu Wanying, Professor Mu asked, "I heard that you just graduated from Beijing University and are preparing to take your Master's Degree in Shanghai Uni."

"I did. I was majoring in Law, but I don't like it. I love travelling as well as archeology so I'm preparing to follow Teacher to the Shanghai University and take Archeology."

Archeology?

Tang Xiu's brows raised as a surprised expression glinted from his eyes.

He just finished his CET and filled his application form to enroll there. He also chose Archeology. The reason being, he mainly wanted to find precious ores, as it would be helpful for his cultivation.

Professor Hu sighed, "Archeology is indeed the gate to the greater knowledge. It's necessary for us to explore the traces of five millenniums of culture and civilization left behind in China, excavating the historical data that has yet to be recorded in intellectual literature. It has a great influence and will be very helpful for the future generation. This Old Le is a Geology Professor as well as the Vice President of the Archeologist Association, you really can learn a lot from him."

Mu Wanying gently nodded and replied, "Teacher is indeed very knowledgeable. He has taught me a lot of things and I also benefited greatly even though I learned from him for just a few days."