Chapter 1261 - Chapter 1270

Start from the beginning

This... what kind of a big joke is this?

Looking at Gao Beilei's face, Tang Xiu realized that Su Ben hadn't told her about his relationship with him, so he smiled and said, "Big Sis-in-law, Brother Ben and I actually grew up together. We used to live in the Su Family Village, and the two of us were neighbors. Well, strictly speaking, we are kind of relatives since each household in the entire Su Family Village is still related by blood. I brought Brother Ben to Star City and arranged for him to be a security guard at the winery then. I've been too busy all these years and even went into seclusion overseas to cultivate, so I have no idea about his progress and achievement now. It never occurred to me that he'd have married you secretly."

Only now did Gao Beilei finally understand. Looking at Tang Xiu's smiling face, she could feel his feelings.

"Boss, then you and Su Quan..."

"Well, we all grew up together. If you ask me," Tang Xiu chuckled, "we're all close brothers. And, although my family name is not Su, my mother is surnamed Su."

Quickly after, Su Ben rushed into the General Manager Office and rapidly asked the moment he came inside, "Beilei, you called me over in such a hurry. Did something hap..."

He didn't finish his words because he saw Tang Xiu.

Tang Xiu greeted him with a smile, opened his arm and laughed. "Hahaha, it's been a few years since the last time I saw you, Brother Ben! Well, you look much better than before. To think that you even got married to Gao Lei, the famous General Manager of the Magnificent Tang Corporation. Damn! You truly deserve to be admired. That's so damn great, Brother."

Su Ben looked excited and his eyes were slightly red. He dashed towards Tang Xiu, opened his arms and gave a big hug. He slapped Tang Xiu's back with his fists and then said, "I finally see you again, Tang Xiu! It's been a few years indeed. I'd have gone already to search for you everywhere had it not been for Chief Kang telling me that you went into seclusion to cultivate."

"No worries, Brother! I'm all fine and dandy!" Tang Xiu chuckled and smilingly said, "Anyhow, you seem much stronger now after more than 3 years, no? You have broken through to the Golden Core Stage?"

"Hahaha. It's all thanks to you for sending those cultivation resources to me, Quan, and Xiangfei frequently, Brother!" Su Ben gruffly laughed and said, "Else, it would've been impossible for my cultivation to progress so quickly."

Tang Xiu was stunned and then wryly smiled. "Uh, I never gave such an order. It should be Kang Xia!"

"Meh, we're all family. You or Kang Xia are all the same." Su Ben laughed.

Gao Beilei, on the other hand, was in disbelief as though she just got acquainted with Su Ben again and exclaimed with incredulity, "You... you're also a cultivator?"

Su Ben said with an apologetic expression, "Please don't blame me for hiding it from you, Beilei. Tang Xiu forbade us to tell anything to anyone about it. Not even to our loved ones. That's why I never told you about it. But I've been meaning to talk to him when I meet him again later all this while, to see whether you can also cultivate."

Gao Beilei's mood was overly complicated. Everything that happened today made her feel like she was riding a roller coaster.

Suddenly, she seemed to recall something and hurriedly asked, "Then you should also know that Reese is also a practitioner, shouldn't you? You also know that there are four powerful experts protecting me, right?"

Su Ben nodded and said, "I already knew their existence ever since I met you. However, I've talked with Reese in private and then learned that he wants to repay his debt. I know that not only will he not harm you, but he'll also protect you in secret. As for those four guys sent by Chief Kang, well, Chief Kang notified me about it previously."