Chapter 1251 - Chapter 1260

Start from the beginning

Su Lingyun smiled, pulled Gu Yan'er's hand and said, "You children keep staying in that exquisite pagoda all the time. I've always been wanting to see you there, but Yunde never let me. He said that I'll disturb your cultivation. But well, you've been living with him for 3 years there, why haven't you conceived a child?"

"Ugh, come again?"

Tang Xiu was dumbstruck, but Gu Yan'er blushed and lowered her head wordlessly.

"Yan'er, Xiu'er is rather thin-skinned and his head is always full of cultivation. I know this brat has accomplished big things and his enterprise is very important. But he's grown up already, getting married and having a family is equally important! If he doesn't take the initiative, you've gotta be the one who seizes it. And don't speak about seniority to me, what age are we living in now? So long as you're perfectly suited and agreeable, I don't think it's a problem for you both to get married and have children."

Gu Yan'er suppressed her embarrassing feelings and tilted her head to glance at Tang Xiu. Blushing, she lowered her head and said, "I'll definitely seize the initiative, Auntie."

"Since you're going to seize the initiative, then you must address me as Mother from now on, got it?" Su Lingyun happily said.

Cough, cough, cough...

Tang Xiu couldn't help but cough. He didn't even have the chance to speak up and almost choked. Gu Yan'er was his disciple, yet his Mother only needed one line to mess up the seniority ranks in the family all at once.

"Uh, Mom. Please don't make up such a messed-up notion about us getting married, I..." Tang Xiu said, but he immediately swallowed the rest of his words after glancing at Gu Yan'er, whose expression abruptly changed drastically.

Su Lingyun fiercely glared at him and pretended to be angry. "What's wrong? You don't want to listen to your Mother anymore since your cultivation is great or something? Do you not think that Yan'er is a good child? She's been with you for so many years, and she's definitely a great and hard to find daughter-in-law to have. You don't need to worry about Wanying. I've asked her about this before and she told me that she doesn't mind. She said she's still happy as long as she has a place in your heart."

A headache struck Tang Xiu, and he directly drilled his way out of the topic and said while heading inside, "Please don't worry about our affairs, Mom. Anyway, Dad should be upstairs, right? I'm gonna see him first."

"Hey, you brat!"

Su Lingyun was vexed and glared at Tang Xiu's back with annoyance. Then, she pulled Gu Yan'er and walked inside while muttering something.

When Tang Xiu came to the second floor, he saw Tang Yunde leaning on the wall with a cigarette in his hand with a smile hanging on his face. He obviously had witnessed the amusing scene.

"Hey, Dad!" Tang Xiu called out with a bitter smile.

Tang Yunde chuckled and grinningly said, "You really didn't inherit my good quality at being faithful, Brat. Speaking of which, your Mom would have run to the exquisite pagoda and forced you to marry and have children if it wasn't for me stopping her."

Tang Xiu bitterly smiled. "In actuality, I wasn't like doing it before..."

Tang Yunde raised his hand and smilingly said, "Nah, no need to explain anything to me, Boy. Besides, I'm not that anxious to have grandchildren either. On the contrary, your Mom will definitely make you get headaches in the future about that. Further, all of your women are outstanding, and the emotional bonds between you and them will very likely cause you headaches."

Tang Xiu forced out a bitter and wry smile yet again after hearing the schadenfreude sense from his own father. "Let's say that I'll take one step at a time for those emotional issues! Besides, I don't have much time to deal with it right now. With the big endeavor I need to carry out, I must seize the time to develop my forces and improve my own strength."