The secret life. chapter 87 The regeneration run

i was still looking away holding my breath. had nightshade had he shot Ashley? was she going to die or would she regenerate? i was paralyzed with concern.

once i was able to take a deep but half breath i looked back. Night shade had texted another thing "your lucky i need you alive Ashley"

i was still determined that it was a trick. i didn't want my friend to die and the reality of it still hit me hard.

"like i said you cant trick me Nightshade. I know you too well. i know your plan without anyone telling me" 

      Night shade replied confirming that what he did was the truth. it wasn't a trick. Nightshade had shot her. "She's dying. she'll have enough time to regenerate though. As for who you are Ashley, I'd say goodbye to her."

"Gahhhh! OW IT HURTS!" she cries

I was desperate, there was nothing i could do and i was so frantic. still couldn't breathe. i could only manage trying to encourage Ashley "just hang in there Ashley"

her reply made me even more frantic and desperate "I don't think i can"

I didn't want her to give up. she had to be ok. i repeated what i said yelling from my desperation that she would be ok "Just hang in there Ashley!"

           she answers obviously as desperate and terrified as i was "HOW?! look....I don't think I can any longer."

"let the energy go." i say knowing that would be the only way she could be alright

"I mean like this one its not like I've been refusing to regenerate with Rani's experiment on me if that's what you are thinking"

In my desperation i wanted her to be ok by doing that but if she couldn't do it the holding of my breath was there again "Oh. ok ok Ashley?"

she replies "yes?"

I was still desperate hoping Ashley was alright. even though i knew she wasn't i couldn't breath so i asked her "you alright?"

          "Do I sound bloody alright!?" she exclaimed in her terror

"no...." i answer. not liking her yelling just concerned for her.

"There Ya  go.... GAHH! it hurts Katrina! GAHHHHHH! THAT HURT! THAT REALLY HURTS. SHOOTING SOMEONE IN THE SHOULDER IS NOT NICE!"

I've calmed down a little bit taking deep breaths. "yeah it isn't"

"if i regenerate, can you call me Halie? just wondering. I had this friend and no ones really seen or has talked to her in awhile...and she was really quiet...but anyways can you?"

her saying that is like confirming that no doubt she was going to die and regenerate into someone new. my old friend would be gone. she would be called Halie her future selves name. was this when she first regenerates into her?

i answer wanting to do the most i can for Ashley "ok... sure." at this point i had a lot to think about. and i started to feel guilty for causing her to be in this position. cause if she hadn't tried to give me the information then nightshade wouldn't of punished her. i was down and sad. i told myself to stop thinking those thoughts but its always hard to not think them

Ashley cries out again "GAHHH! This really hurts!"

"sorry...." i say feeling like it was my fault. .

Ashley caught on to what i was thinking "Its not your fault. GAH!"

her response helped me feel better. i knew it wasn't my fault it was nightshades fault. he probably had this planned the whole time. to break me. after that i took a deep breath and i was less desperate but still very concerned for Ashley.