The secret life. chapter 86 Is it my fault?

Ashley continues "He's ...he's gone now... God my neck.."

me finding myself holding my breath lets it out halfway.

"hmm. so that's what you meant by not supposed to tell. sorry..." i say feeling sad that i got her into that mess still holding my breath from the suspense of what might happen next.

Ashley answers "it's fine.. I'm I'm fine"

i try to encourage her "don't worry you did well"

      "I-I can hear him coming back. Katrina I'm scared."

i didn't know what to say i was deeply concerned for my friend and i wished there was something i could do to help. i attempt to encourage her. but its hard to encourage when you are just as scared.

"um um blimey.. I'm here. sort of... Don't be scared. though i cant blame you"

      Ashley pleads terrified "what if hes going to kill me! he said i had to choose between telling my friends or...or...."

I hold my breath. what if he does try to kill ashley? what if its all to get at me? he knows that's one of my worst fears. what if its to break me? what if its my fault? no i couldn't allow my self to think that. i held my breath again, bracing for whatever he tries.

"oh no"

Ashley continues "Oh God he's got a gun. he's got a bloody gun!"

hearing this my eyes got wide. what if its not a trick? what if he would kill Ashley!? ive got to do something but what! i was frantic and desperate. what could i do? was he really going to do it?

I yelled in desperation at Nightshade "No No Nightshade don't you dare! I know your plan I figured it out long before she hinted me. long before the puzzle. this wont do anything!"

     He replies cruely "I gave her a choice and I saw what she chose"

Ashley pleads "N-No please don't no!"

I try to logically persuade nightshade away from killing her as its the only thing i can think of doing desperate and frantic "You may of given her that choice but if  the information was already out. then it would do no good. Plus i don't believe you can kill someone in your little dream reality place" i say hoping im right and that it was a trick.

 what happens if its not? i think. what happens if he kills her? what happens then? would she regenerate? i was so scared for my friend so much that i was paralyzed with terror. i couldn't believe what was happening.

Nightshade replies "oh. watch me. Ashley, up Now."

I quickly reply holding my breath and wanting to yell or do anything to help her. "Don't you dare!"

Night shade continues "Ready?"

Ashley argues "No!"

I was so hoping it was trick so many Roleplays with Nightshade showing my fear of someone close to me dying. its what Night shade knew as being my fear. but not in a million years would i think it would come true. i wasn't ready for someone close to me die, by the hands of my enemys.

I was determined it was a trick, i was hoping with all my being that it was. I didn't want my best friend to die because of me. because of the information she gave me, or Nightshades plan to break me.

"You aren't going to scare me with youre trick" i say being the most determined and strong as i could. still holding my breath.

Night shade replies "I'll count. and you better not move Ashley."

I frowned and had a deep concerned look on my face. was Ashley going to die? was i going to lose my wonderful best friend?

Ashley replies terrified "O-O-Okie d-dokie.........Katrina...I'm scared...."

       I hated my friend having to go through this as well as me watching not able to do anything about it. I was just about as terrified as Ashley was but i had to be strong. i had to be strong for Ashley. if i did anything else i just had to be there and be strong when shes facing the worst. It was the only thing i could do.

 in this horrible, terrible heartbreaking situation. God be with Ashley. and God be with me.

"You are using one of my fears against me. and I'm not going to fall for it. Ashley be strong." i say hoping that somehow we would get through this.

        Night shade starts counting down while Ashley pleads "1...."

"No stop please i said I'm sorry!" Ashley cries

he counts again "2...."

Ashley pleads more desperately and more louder now, yelling what i feel like inside "NO STOP PLEASE I DONT WANT TO GET KILLED!"

      At this point i cant breath at all. I'm watching my friend about to get killed by my old ancient enemy, and the reality of it all hits me. the true danger of my enemies. who would kill all i love and hold dear just to get to me. just to break me. just to hurt me so bad i wont be a threat and id be useless to them. just because of what i said, or found out or my race did or my dad did. even when i didn't to anything but try to protect all that i love. try to save all that there is. wishing for peace. wishing to go home. wishing to just be with the Doctor. wishing to have a life that is so longed for. my dream for an extrodinary life.

my enemy were truly evil and truly monsters. somehow some way we would stop them. we would save everything and everyone. somehow...

       Nightshade counts the final number forcing me to want to look away. this was it my friend was going to die. and regenerate. but the whole situation had paralyzed me. i held my breath and looked away wishing all this could stop. wishing somehow this wasn't going to happen. "3...."

Ashley pleads once more "please I know you have to be kindness in there somewhere! please don't do this Night shade!"

     "AND SHOOT!" Nightshade exclaims

Ashley cries out "GAHHHHHH!"