The secret life. chapter 41. underestimated myself

The next day came the day was going  by ok nothing  strange and nothing  happening. About halfway through  the school day I got sad. I was thinking  about the Doctor and missing him, I hadn't  spent much time with olivia  and I felt like she was rejecting  me and overall  I was once again tired of my normal life. I wanted something  exciting  or extrodinary  to happen but I was just stuck. I don't want to feel this way..stop being sad. Come on I'm safe I should be happy. No matter what I told myself  I couldn't  encourage  myself. At that moment  I didn't  think I would  have a good rest of the day. I prayed one simple  prayer in hopes that I would  have a good day. Dear lord. Please don't allow me to be sad. Please  let me do or experience  something  extrodinary  today, I need it, and allow my friends  to be able to encourage  me. Amen.
      When i finally  got home I had hope that my friends  could help. When i was on the contact list I found myself  staring at Alayla's profile and I got sad again. One best friend  that couldn't  help me, she wasn't herself. Couldn't   remember  me. Like talking to your best friend  that got amnesia. For no reason I decided  to text her, see if by some chance she had been able to remember. She had texted during the day. "Just sorry.....hello?" I decided  to reply  "hi. Sorry for what?" Hoping she remembered something. She happened to be on and responded "For not being there when you needed me. That's all." She was doubting herself. I couldn't allow that even if she didn't remember  me. She was always there. She was always  the strongest  in our team. She was my best friend  the one that stood by my side when I was betrayed  by emily and all my other friends  left. She was my true friend and always would be. I couldn't  allow her to doubt herself like that so I continued  trying to help her remember or at least tell her what happened.

       "How long?" She replied "I don't know to be honest..." i slowly  talked with her. Being patient  as best I could  not to get sad. I told her what had happened  with Rani and the Doctor  and her being captured, I told her of my theory of how it was most likely Rani's  work that she couldn't  remember. And then I added the most important  information  about it. "You're  my best friend  in fact" she paused for a minute  and then replied. "Best friend too. How can I forget that?"  I just stared at the screen  I was sad she couldn't  remember  and her trying and not knowing  was hurting me to see her like that. But I pushed it back, I had to be strong for her.

"You've always been. Just been made to forget. By Rani." Alayla thought through  it "Made to forget. Forcefully I suppose. And from Rani..." she was starting  to piece  it together. There was hope that she could  remember for the first time since she came back. "She may of messed with your mind while you were in her hands and she made you forget" I explained. Alayla  continued. "Hmm. Now I want to remember, but i don't know how..." I heard her say that and I felt joyful but stuck. She's finally  starting  to piece  it together, but how can I get back her memories  Rani may of locked them.
     But suddenly  I got an idea. I remembered how the Doctor  was able to unlock my memories  when I first found out. Though telpathic. I've never had much confidence  in my own telpathic  abilities but my best  friend  who i knew would always fight along side me and would  always fight I knew she needed help and I had to help her somehow. Somehow get my best friend back. For this moment  I had to trust in my own abilities. I had to try my best. I had to. For Alayla.

Truth is I had no idea how to unlock memories  but I had done enough  telpathic  since I first  found out, to last me a life time. I knew the general  way to do it and I hoped  it worked. I realized this was exactly  what the Doctor  did to me on my first day. I decided  I would  be my dad today. I would  honor him and make him proud. I would  be the Doctors  daughter  and I'm going to help her.
        Even though I didn't  have much confidence  in my telpathic  I had to try. But I thought I could  get some help from Dawn. Cause two is better than one and it would  come handy if it was a tough lock. I asked then I went back to Alayla. "Now you want to remember  right? I'm going to do something, you need to do exactly  what I say ok?" She agreed and I explained  what to do how I knew how. "I need you to close your eyes and think. Think about trying to remember. Really concentrate on remembering" she did. I got into my telpathic  stance. Placing  my hands on my temple's. I imagined  Alaylas mind and her memories, closing my eyes. I say flashes of memories  going through  my head. I searched for the lock that held them and I pushed for it putting a telpathic  pulse to it. When i put out enough  hard effort  I saw it open and break. Before  i finished a image of Alayla  being held struggling against  Rani yelling 'no' came into my mind and I lowered my hands, feeling  the sense  that I did it.

          Alayla  replied  "hey guys" I wondered if it worked Slightly still in telpathic  mode trying to snap out of it. "So did it work?" I asked Alayla  replied  "Sure did. I feel good as new. Sort of." I stared at her response. Was it true did we do it? Did my best friend  alayla  get her memories  back? I wanted  to confirm  if she really did.

"Brillant so you remember then? Or no?" I waited  anxious  for her reply  "I remember. How have you been?" With this note I just knew. We did it! We got her back I was filled with so much joy. "Oh yes! We got you back! Brilliant!" As I was happy I looked back to before  I did it. I thought I couldn't  do it. I was amazed by what I could do. I underestimated my abilities  and I saved my best friend. I did something  amazing. If only I had trusted in what I could  do more often. I was inspired  and joyful. Together  me and Dawn got back Alayla.