The secret life. chapter 63 The game called patience

Rani interjects "WHAT. DO. YOU. WANT. THIS TIME."

Ashley  exclaims "Oh bloody hell my bloody head OW!"

I think up something  to say a reason for bringing her back but since it was Ashleys  idea I didn't  know what to say so I said what I usually  said knowing  she would  say no but I said it anyway. "We want you to let Alayla  go"

She answered  as she always  would  to that demand "no. idiot"

I looked away for a moment  thinking  of what to say and not wanting  to have a chat with my worst enemy  Rani having  spent enough  time with her little chats. I was annoyed  with her. And I thought up a new question, wondering what her response  to it would  be. "Of course..  tell me how long are you going  to play these games of threaten by hurting my Friends?" I say trying to show how they wouldn't  work on me, and showing my annoyance.

She replied  "For awhile.The games called patience sweetheart. I know you'll break soon." I stare at her response. She was doing  all this to make me break?
I was angry at her, and more determined I wasn't  going to break not even close. But now that she told me. I was more determined  than before  to not let her make me break with this stunt.

I continue "What are you waiting  for? I'm not going  to break" I say slightly  lying. I knew I would  break at some point but I wouldn't  let Rani have the satisfaction  of seeing it. And I was determined  I wouldn't  break easily.

She answers "You will.Trust me.After all,Patience isn't the strongest skill of a Time lord like you." Her words struck me. She knew I hated being patient  and that it made me reckless  and hurts me. It was true, and I was stuck by it. I wasn't  very patient  I was about as impatient  as my dad was. It definitely  wasn't my strong suit. But as I realized  this I realized  I am a lot more patient  than my dad. I've had to wait 16 years for my timelord  self, and longer. I had to be forced to be patient  through  all of the secret war even though some days I was so frustrated. I was safe and I would  be patient  because  I've done it before  I've lived with it. She didn't  know me at all and I would  keep it that way.

I replied  "See this proves you don't know me at all. You aren't going  to break me by hurting  my Friends. It's just gets me more determined to stop you. I may be hurting but I'm not hurt." 

        For the past few days after that I kept thinking about what she said. I kept  thinking maybe  she did know that about me maybe  she was right and that was one of my weaknesses but a weakness  could be strengthened and I knew she was wrong about me. Her actions on my friends  or the patience  of the secret war, couldn't  break me are be used against  me. I had patience  and hurting  my Friends would  just make me more determined. She didn't  know me at all. And I was determined  to keep it that way. I wouldn't  allow her to summarize who i was because  no one defined who i was. I did. It didn't  bring me down or make me scared it brought  me up and strengthened me. Her game of patience  would  not work on me.