Reacquainted

Confused and lost Connor returned home from Skye Tower with a tremendous weight of guilt and confusion crushing his heart. Feeling guilty for keeping such a massive secret from Hank for two months - keeping a secret from everyone for that matter, Connor was unsure of how Hank would react to the news. It took the worried deviant almost ten minutes to steel himself enough to get out of his car already parked in the driveway beside the house before he was able to open the door and finally walk inside to speak to Hank. For the first time since his deviancy Connor was unsure if he should enter the house or not as he didn't know what to expect from Hank.

Pushing open the backdoor slowly Connor stepped inside the kitchen and saw Hank reading his book in the recliner in the livingroom once again. It seemed wrong to disturb Hank's peaceful moment with his own personal dilemma, but Connor had no choice. He owed Hank the truth and was willing to confide in his best friend and father.

"...Uh, Hank?" Calling out the senior detective's name from the kitchen Connor timidly made his way through the kitchen and stood beside the couch in the livingroom. He was nervously wringing his hands together as best as he could with the splint on his left hand and began breathing rapidly in mounting stress. "...Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Something wrong?" Hank's brow furrowed his confusion at the sound of Connor's voice and he promptly closed his book. "You look like you committed a crime or got caught skipping school."

"I... It's- How do I explain this?"

"First of all, sit down." Motioning to the couch Hank leaned forward in his recliner and eyed Connor with a curious stare. "Secondly, you need to take a deep breath and calm down. I'm not going to get mad at you."

"...I think you might. And I would deserve it."

"Connor," the senior detective gave the anxious deviant a stern glance. "what did you do?"

Sitting down on the couch in a slow and almost frightened manner as requested, Connor took in a deep breath and steadied himself. "When I was in Miami... I found more than just the data in the warehouse and the microprocessor."

"All right..." Sensing something heavy in the air Hank encouraged Connor to keep speaking. "I'm listening. What's up?"

"I... I found another... android."

"Another... android?" Thinking back to the night Connor returned home exhausted and sick Hank remembered Connor muttering something about not leaving someone behind when he was lost in the throes a horrible fever dream. He thought it was just a figment of Connor's overwhelmed mind. "Did you bring the android back to Detroit with you?"

"...Y-Yes. He was unconscious. Placed in stasis mode for approximately nine years." Connor bowed his head as he found himself unable to look Hank in the eyes as he told the truth. The admission of the secret made Connor feel needlessly guilty. "He had been abandoned and left to be forgotten and destroyed by neglect."

A heavy silence filled the room that made Connor tense and edgy as he waited for Hank to start yelling at him.

Hank just let out a low sigh and folded his hands together over his lap neatly. "Where is he right now?"

Connor's brow arched a little and his eyes went wide with surprise at Hank's relatively docile reaction. "Wh-What?"

"The android you brought back, where is he?"

"...You're not mad?"

"Not for saving someone who had been left for dead."

"...What about me not telling you about what I had done?"