Undercover

Enraged and righteously worried after receiving the unexpected and bone chilling phone call late into the night Hank stormed into the Zeta Android Emergency Care Facility like a man on a mission as he directly confronted his Captain. Awaiting Hank's arrival Captain Fowler was standing idle in the waiting room of the same facility with his back to the front entrance of the building and his eyes transfixed on the clock on the far wall. The seasoned police Captain had been preparing for Hank's inevitable arrival and knew that the confrontation was going to be less than civil since Hank was the type of person to let his anger burn hot when push came to shove.

Rushing up to the man from behind Hank clamped his head down on Captain Fowler's right shoulder to spin him around so they could stand before each face to face. Grabbing onto Captain Fowler's coat lapels Hank practically picked up his superior officer and pinned him against the wall of the waiting room under the ticking clock as he glared with a venomous stare into Captain Fowler's widened eyes.

"What the fuck did you do, Jeffrey?!"

"Hank, take it easy!" Captain Fowler Grabbed onto Hank's wrists with both hands to try and push the hotheaded Lieutenant away from him. "You need to-"

"Fuck you!" Hank dropped Captain Fowler onto his feet and took a step back just as two android security personnel arrived in the waiting room to stop the altercation. "He's been GONE for two days; no notice, no updates, and when you finally DO tell me something about what the Hell's going on it's after Connor gets fuckin' shot!"

"Hank!" Captain Fowler shouted to try and gain control over the situation before it escalated any further. "He's still alive!"

A brand new heated anger rose up from within Hank as he got right back in Captain Fowler's face. "Oh, he's still alive! So as long as he doesn't die you can put him in front of damn firing squad if it fits your agenda!"

"Listen to me," Captain Fowler put up his right hand to halt the approaching security guards who were ready to tackle Hank to the ground. "I'll tell you everything that happened but first you need to take a breath and calm down."

"Calm down?" Such a request as insulting as it was impossible. "Are you fuckin' bullshitting me right now!?"

"Hank, please." Remaining impressively levelheaded Captain Fowler tried to reason with Hank as civilly as possible. "Just take a moment and breathe."

If Captain Fowler wasn't his oldest friend Hank would've punched him in the face as hard as he could that very instant. Forcing himself to restrain as much of his anger as possible Hank took another step back and planted himself firmly in the middle of the waiting room as he took in a deep breath and let it out slowly while the two security guards backed off.

"All right... Fine." Crossing his arms over his chest Hank returned his fiery glare to his commanding officer as he demanded his answers. "Spill it, Jeffrey. Where the fuck were you, and where was Connor when that asshole pulled the trigger?"

Two Days Prior:

After receiving an e-mail from the higher-ups Captain Fowler opened the door to his private office and addressed the lone deviant detective sitting at his terminal across from Hank as the duo filed their daily reports to the precinct. The sight of the only two detectives in charge of deviant cases - handling the only deviant division in the entire city, working diligently at their desks had become so commonplace that often times Captain Fowler only remembered that Connor was a deviant when he caught a glimpse of the glowing L.E.D. in Connor's right temple. It was also hard for the experienced Captain to believe that at one point Hank had loathed all androids with a fiery passion.