Babysitting

Already feeling bored with his mandatory time off from his previous day's injuries, Connor spent the early morning hours silently taking care of Sumo and began preparing a nice and healthy breakfast for Hank to eat before he left for his own shift at the precinct. It seemed boredom and deviancy never mixed properly, resulting in Connor becoming more restless than ever. Moving a little slower than usual courtesy of his still healing wounds in his chest and abdomen, Connor managed to finish his personally set tasks just in time for Hank to step into the kitchen and see everything that the deviant had already accomplished despite the early hour.

While Hank wasn't surprised to see Connor being active despite being injured he was still a little annoyed by it and made sure the deviant knew it. The last thing Hank wanted to see was Connor collapsing from physical exertion and fatigue.

"You're supposed to be taking it easy." Hank reminded Connor as he fussed with the knot of his mandatory and uncomfortable dark blue tie around his neck. He had been wearing clip-on ties until he had relearned how to properly tie a tie. Stepping around Sumo, who was chowing down his own food, Hank stared at the prepared breakfast waiting for him on the kitchen table. "This is not taking it easy, kid."

"I dislike spending my time without anything to accomplish."

"Workaholic."

"Perhaps if you tied the knot," Connor watched Hank as he tried to get the annoying tie to rest more comfortably around the collar of his pale blue shirt. "and merely loosened it to take it off rather than completely undoing it and attempting to tie it again in the morning, it'd be more productive to your morning routine."

"I can handle a tie. I just hate the damn things."

"You could get a wide array of clip-on ties instead. Perhaps something in cheetah print."

"Smartass." Picking up the mug of warm coffee sitting on the kitchen table beside the plate containing a vegetarian omelette and one strip of bacon, Hank sipped at it and eyed Connor as the deviant kept one arm wrapped protectively around his chest and used his free arm to support himself upright against the countertop behind him. "Are you going to be okay alone?"

"I will be fine."

"What're you going to do while I'm at work?"

"I decided to follow your advice and spend time with Aria." Connor replied enthusiastically. "I texted Abby and she agreed to allow me to babysit for a few hours so she can do something beyond work and childcare all day long."

"Babysit, huh? Think you can handle it?"

"I think I can handle it as well as you handle your own tie." The deviant quipped with a sly stare in his soulful brown eyes. "How does that sound?"

"Questionable. Don't think that just because you have the day off that you're free to bust my balls." Putting down the mug Hank pulled out the small chair to sit down properly and begin eating his breakfast. "Now that I'm the Captain I can keep you benched for as long as I want."

"You wouldn't be able to handle the boredom at the precinct without my company."

"Did you forget that I'm now free to mess with Gavin as much as I want?"

Connor didn't have a verbal response to that information, only a coy tilt of head.

Limping over slightly to the chair on the opposite side of the small kitchen table Connor sat down and leaned most of his weight forward against his arms with a pained wince. "It sounds like you have a full day planned out already."

Hank saw Connor's discomfort and commented on it without being assertive. "Maybe you should stay home for the rest of the day. You can see Abby and Aria tomorrow or something."