First Year of Freedom

Detroit, Michigan - CyberLife Tower; Belle Isle: August 15th, 2038

The day CyberLife's most advanced prototype dubbed "Connor"; RK-800: 313 248 317 - 51 was activated.

It was the day that Connor, formerly the android sent by CyberLife, was brought into the waking world to fulfill a singular purpose of hunting down deviants. On that particular day the prototype had successfully completed all of its initial tests and missions without even the slightest of errors. Connor proved itself to be worthy of its reputation and the vast fortune spent in its design, and with that promising beginning came high expectations for the prototype to never fail in its mission; perfection wasn't just expected, it was demanded.

Detroit, Michigan - 1554 Park Ave, 70th Floor: The Phillips' Apartment: August 15th, 2038

Connor's first mission was simple enough. Act as a hostage negotiator to save the life of an innocent nine year old girl by the name of Emma Phillips. The hostage taker was an android gone deviant named "Daniel" who had reacted poorly upon learning that the father of the family; John Phillips, had seemingly elected to replace him with a superior model of android. Overwhelmed with emotions that left him confused and unstable Daniel panicked in response and located John's gun in the master bedroom of the lavish apartment and proceeded to shoot John twice in anger while the wife, Caroline Phillips, looked on in horror from the kitchen.

Realizing the gravity of his mistake far too late Daniel rushed to Emma's bedroom and took the little girl hostage while Caroline called the police. Panicking, scared and with nowhere to go, Daniel kept Emma as his hostage even after shooting and kill two responding police officers while leaving a third officer wounded on the apartment's rooftop. Retreating to the rooftop pool of the apartment and standing on the edge of the roof overlooking the streets seventy floors below Daniel had only two options: Surrender or jump.

The arrival of Connor as the hostage negotiator was unexpected as he too was an android as opposed to being a human. However, being a cold machine rather than a fellow deviant at the time made it impossible to empathize with Daniel's fears and desperation.

Upon his arrival Connor stumbled upon a small fish that had leapt from its tank onto the floor and decided to save it despite the little animal's life not being a priority. Little did Connor know that simple act of selfless kindness had just set change into motion and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

After managing to successfully tie a tourniquet around the bleeding arm of the wounded officer while talking Daniel into surrendering, Connor managed to save Emma's life but failed to save Daniel's life in the end. From the neighboring rooftops Daniel was shot multiple times by the responding S.W.A.T. team and was forced into shutdown.

Falling to his knees and covered in his own blue blood Daniel spoke to Connor one final time and left words that would haunt the young android for the rest of his existence.

"...You lied to me, Connor."

Detroit, Michigan - 3rd Avenue, Jimmy's Bar: November 5th, 2038

Nearly three months of additional testing and adjustments after the successful hostage negotiation confirmed that Connor was ready for his next assignment.

Entering the human exclusive bar was a risk but one Connor calculated quickly and logically. Having been assigned to work with Lieutenant Henry "Hank" Lucas Anderson of the Central Precinct of the Detroit Police Department, the advanced prototype managed to finally track the elusive and somewhat rogue detective down after checking four previous bars. To ensure an amicable relationship Connor managed to get on Hank's good side by remaining patient, respectful and of course by buying Hank a drink for the road to show that he was willing to overlook Hank's less than professional demeanor.