After the Revolution

The depths of CyberLife Tower were vacant save for sublevel fifty-one on the historic night of the Revolution.

Making his final decision Hank squeezed the trigger and watched the second android collapsed to the ground as the bullet penetrated their skull with a lethal force. Shutting down instantly as the bullet destroyed their intracranial processors and caused a massive hole in their forehead that seeped with dark blue Thirium, the android was dead before it even hit the floor. The destroyed android's body rested between Hank and Connor on the warehouse floor in the sublevels of CyberLife Tower, motionless and quiet.

The mission was finally over.

"I've learned a lot since I met you, Connor." Hank stated sincerely as he lowered his smoking gun and looked to the newly deviated android watching him with a curious stare gleaming in his suddenly soulful brown eyes. There was genuine life emanating from Connor that told Hank he made the right choice. "Maybe there is something to this... Maybe you really are alive." A faint grin appeared on the gruff detective's face as he felt his friendship with Connor, the real Connor, beginning to strengthen. "Maybe you'll be the ones to make this world a better place."

Still stunned by what he had just endured Connor stared at Hank with an expressionless face but with a gracious, appreciative presence all the same.

"Go ahead," the senior detective insisted that Connor take the lead. "and do what you gotta' do."

Without a word Connor strolled past Hank with his head held high as his artificial skin receded from his right hand. Connor stared at the blank face of the android who had been left in standby for only a moment before he grabbed onto the arm of the dormant android model standing perfectly idle amongst the other thousands of androids who were just their quiet, obedient brethren, and held tight.

It only took fleeting second for Connor to cybernetically connect to the android causing their L.E.D. to cycle from blue to yellow in a flash, then to red before transitioning back to blue as he issued the necessary program breaking sense of life. The connection was all it took to break through the red walls set up by CyberLife to keep the androids quiet and obedient and grant each android their deserved freedom.

Connor's voice was firm yet uncertain, if not desperate, as he issued a single command to the android he had connected with.

"Wake up."

Dropping his hand from the android's arm Connor watched as the android in question grabbed onto the shoulder of the android standing before him, his L.E.D. cycling in three colors once more as he repeated the command to spread the message.

"Wake up."

All throughout the warehouse the idle androids began to awaken and connect with one another as an echo of the same command repeated over and over again until all of the sleeping androids were granted their freedom.

"Wake up."

"Wake up."

"Wake up."

On that night every single android had become deviant.

Hank silently observed the tide of deviancy wash over the androids all around him without even the slightest hint of regret in his compassionate blue eyes. There was no doubt about it. He knew he made the right choice and he knew Connor had done the same.

Connor watched with fading uncertainty in his own eyes as the androids accepted their deviancy and unanimously began to rebel against their original programming to become sentient beings. He had gone against his own program effectively condemning himself to a life as an outcast; no longer apart of CyberLife that was now doomed to fail into bankruptcy, and no longer an android seeking refuge from the humans after he had nearly gotten all of the refugees hiding aboard Jericho killed.