After getting herself a carton of sweetened apple juice from the cafeteria, Billie immediately found her intern class by a nurses station on the second floor. She sipped happily from the white plastic straw inserted in the carton, got her charts handed by a nurse and soon stood by Izzie, George and Meredith, who were already there, waiting for Bailey. Not long after, Cristina arrived with a set of ruffled curls, as if she'd ran there.

"Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie asked Meredith, who held in her hands two coffees.

"I do want roommates. We're together one hundred hours a week, you wanna live together too?" the blonde defended.

"So you bring bribes now?" Cristina asked her, glancing at the two beverages on her hands.

Billie, just barely noticing that detail, raised an eyebrow, wondering whether it had anything to do with Derek. Lately, she'd been getting plenty of details on the relationship between her friend and the attending. She could not say it bothered her. In fact, the daily spoonful of gossip was quite the treat.

"Who you trying to seduce?" Billie asked.

"I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs, I have to get out of there," George muttered, earning a chuckle from Billie. "Shut up."

"It's not a bribe, and I'm not trying to seduce anyone. And I don't think it's a good idea." Meredith answered Cristina's question, then Billie's question, then George's miserable attempt at convincing her.

"It's totally a bribe."

"Oh, yeah, definitely.

"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner," Izzie interfered. Billie watched her skeptically with the plastic straw tucked between her lips.

"No! I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk or be nice to," Meredith snapped. "And it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte."

Finally, Bailey arrived. All the interns immediately shut up and the resident took the opportunity to start giving out orders, explaining each intern's task for the day.

"George, you're running the code team. Meredith, take the trauma pager. Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients. Billie, Dr.Shepherd wants you on his service today. Izzie, you're on sutures.

Billie smiled, recalling the little talk she'd had with Derek two days back, where he'd told her he'd call her in for his service on her following shift. She was glad Dr. Shepherd had kept his word about it, as she was really eager to get herself started on a neurosurgical program.

Immediately, she made it her job to find him in that massive hospital.

"Hey, there you are!" Billie exclaimed frantically once she finally found Derek getting off the elevator.

Next to him, a very flustered-looking Meredith picked up a stack of charts from the floor. Billie first frowned, but then, at the sight of her very swollen lips, she quickly understood and snorted to herself.

"Whore," she whispered to her friend as Meredith ran past her, simply dedicating a don't tell anyone or I'll kill you look.

"Good morning, Dr. Black," Derek smiled brightly, getting off the elevator as if he'd just won a prize.

"So, d'you like... do that often?" Billie asked, squinting her eyes at him and beginning to walk down the hallway by his side, holding the carton of apple juice that she had yet to finish.