Chapter Seventy-Nine

Another medium-ish update for you guys. <3 -Rae

Daija was feeling a lot stronger after she ate her food, hydrated and showered.

She tried not to give her new scar too much attention, because each time she touched it or even looked at it, she would be reminded of the pain and the fear she felt, and it always left her slightly shaking and on the verge of tears.

When that happened, she would flip on her mental switch just to feel her ice, reminding herself that she wasn't powerless and that she was safe.

She knew that there was still quite a bit she had to face, and underneath the fear that was on the surface, she was livid. Once she got past the fear, she knew that there would be rage.

Simon had brought her clean clothes from his place, and she got dressed in some dark blue jeans and an orange hoodie. She put her hair in a bun, put on some socks, and left it at that. When she left the spacious bathroom, she met up with Valerie so she could double check that she was okay.

"I can't thank you enough," she told her. "You have to be exhausted. Please get some rest."

Valerie only smiled, "It's no problem. I'm just happy you were able to make it through this."

"Were there any other problems at the gala?"

"No, but I wasn't in any partying mood the moment Sierra called me," she said as she reached out and fixed a curl that was out of place. "If you need anything else or if you're feeling weird, don't hesitate to let me know, alright?"

"Alright. Thanks again."

-----

Daija took a few moments to talk to Caesar, Sasha and Silas, letting them know that she was okay and feeling much better. Then, Simon led her further into the manor and through a locked door.

"We rarely use my parents' place for meeting up," he told her, "but when we do, we meet in here. Tony and Sierra aren't here at the moment, but they're on their way right now. They were finishing up all their lab work at base."

He opened it, and there was a spacious room that was designed for people to hang out in. There was a pool table, an air hockey table, a sitting area with a TV and big couches, and a balcony that had a view of the big backyard. In the distance, she could hear Sasha and Silas playing with Caesar and Valerie outside.

She looked towards the sitting area, and she saw most of the team in front of the TV, either struggling to stay awake or sleeping entirely. Austin was sitting on the floor near one of the couches with his eyes glued to the tv, and Wylan was beside him, sleeping as his head rested on his shoulder.

Luca wasn't too far from them, silently staring at his tarot deck as he shuffled it. Beside him was Adrienne, who had her arm propped up on the arm of the couch and was leaning her head against it, also struggling to stay awake as she watched the tv. Violet was laying down and sleeping with her head resting in Adrienne's lap.

When Simon and Daija approached, Austin saw them first. He gasped loudly, and his eyes widened in both shock and relief. "Holy shit!"

At his exclamation, everyone else either woke up or was renewed with a new burst of energy. Violet practically screamed when she saw Daija and rushed towards her, crying in relief as she threw her arms around her and hugged her tight.

"Oh, my god, are you okay?!" she asked when she pulled back, and Daija's heart broke when she saw the exhaustion in her features.

"You're fucking alive, holy shit!" Adrienne hugged her next, and it looked like she was seconds from bursting into tears herself.