Chapter Sixty-Four

Another long chapter for you guys. A couple of things.

1. Spice warning right off the bat. Proceed with caution.

2. A LOT of information in this chapter. Read slowly and reread if you need to.

Thank you guys for over 100k reads and 7k votes. I love you all. -Rae

The rest of dinner was everything she thought it would be and so much more.

Daija and Simon spent the entire dinner telling jokes and laughing, and honestly, she didn't realize how much she needed it until then. When they were done with their food, they took pictures by the wall that was stuffed with bright roses. Some separate, some of them together.

Her smile was bright and genuine in all of them.

When they got back to his place, she kissed him, euphoric and high off the night. He kissed her back deeper, and she tasted the peppermint on his lips as well as the hints of the chocolate cake they shared for dessert.

In between kisses, they removed their shoes. Daija dropped her purse on a chair near the door, and Simon took his jacket off. They had gotten to his room, and without breaking a more passionate kiss, she pushed him back on his bed and straddled his lap. She felt his hands sliding up her body and towards her back.

"As much as you like tearing off my clothes," she said when they broke off, "I would appreciate it if you took your damn time with this dress."

He scoffed. "As if I'd ever tear this beauty."

She looked down at him, almost drooling at how damn good he looked in the dress shirt alone, just like she thought he would. When her lips met his again, she slowly slid her hands up his chest and started fumbling with the buttons of the shirt. When he reached up, she stopped him.

"Keep the tie," she told him.

He raised a brow and moved his hand to his tie. Holding her stare, he started loosening it. Her gaze dipped to the tie as she watched him work, then slowly upward back to his lips, which were slightly swollen from kissing, and finally, back to his eyes.

"Fine," he countered as he slid it off. "Keep the jewelry."

She couldn't stop her smile as she kissed him again. Her fingers continued unbuttoning, and when the kiss deepened, her brain short-circuited briefly, the only thing she could focus on was the groan in his voice and the small moan in hers. When she finally got his shirt off, she pulled him closer and ran her hand through his soft hair, sighing softly behind his lips as she felt him harden underneath her.

Like anytime he kissed her like this, her body turned molton and the ice in her veins turned into lightning. His fingers grasped the zipper of her dress and pulled it down slowly, teasingly. Soon, the dress was off, and when she felt him go still, she bit back a grin.

He broke off from her completely and gazed at her body that was decorated in the beautiful, dark lingerie set. A finger traced the lacey patterns, and the simple touch alone was enough to send sparks throughout her body.

"Wow," he breathed out, eyes growing darker as he drank in the sight of her. "Holy shit."

"Do you like it?" she asked innocently.

"Like is a fucking understatement," he said in a low voice as he leaned in and placed a kiss on her collarbone. "I'm obsessed. Every time I think you can't possibly get any sexier, you prove me wrong."

He then laid back fully with an arm behind his head, and he smirked up at her with half-lidded eyes. "Just as I thought. View is way better from down here."