Prologue

Most of the memorable events in her life began with a piercing headache that even medicine wouldn't fix.

It first happened when she was ten years-old and at a friend's birthday party, hours before shooters came and killed multiple people. It happened again when she was thirteen years-old, just moments before her bullies found her after school and beat her senseless. It happened once more when she was fourteen, a day before the break-in. A day before her father died protecting her and her mother.

Since that night, she's been calling it her spidey-senses.

Anytime it happened, she would cancel her plans, stay home, look over her shoulder twice as much and pull all-nighters just so she would be prepared for the worst. It made her paranoid, but it kept her safe.

But this time was different.

First came the headache, then came the body aches, then the alternating chills and heat flashes, the excessive fatigue and lack of strength. 

She thought she was finally dying. 

When she slept that night, part of her hoped that she wouldn't wake up and that she would see her father again. But when she woke up in the late afternoon, the pain was gone.

She felt strange, but because of college and work, she couldn't take any time to investigate it. But as she left her apartment and felt like the world had shifted overnight, she wished she had.