Chapter Forty-Eight

Hey babes! I have an announcement for you guys!

Now that I'm seeing exactly how this story is going to end, I noticed just how much I fell in love with each of these characters, and how much joy they bring the rest of you. So, after some planning, I'm excited to tell you this:

There will be a second book, and it'll be from Jamie's point of view. :-)

I'm so thrilled to write more about him and more about the henchmen. There will be more details later!

Moving on, a bit of a trigger warning for this chapter. It mentions abuse and drugs. However, this chapter is mostly cute and fluffy.

Can you tell I love the found family trope? ;-) Love you -Rae

Daija couldn't decide what swimsuit she wanted to wear.

When Sierra came over and gave her all of the clothes that she bought for her today, she started wondering what color she was going to wear. It took her about ten minutes, but she narrowed it down to the sky blue bikini and the orange one piece.

Eventually, she texted Jamie and asked him to pick a color, and he picked orange.

Once she pulled it on, she looked in the mirror of her bathroom and quickly styled her curly hair. She maneuvered it into a bun at the top of her head and left a few curls out.

She noticed that both Sierra and Adrienne were wearing earrings with their swimsuits, so she decided to put some on as well. She settled on a pair that Luca gave her. Silver with small, dangling orange crystals that matched the color of her swimsuit.

Outside, she could hear the others already getting started with the activities. Wylan and Tony showed up first right around when Simon was done setting up the backyard. As they were preparing food, Sierra showed up. Austin, Adrienne and Luca rode together and they arrived last. Once everyone was here, they changed into swimsuits.

A few minutes passed. She was dressed and ready, and she should be going out there, but for some reason, she couldn't. Suddenly anxious, she fiddled with her hands and left her bathroom to sit on her bed. She sat there for a while, focusing on breathing and trying to get herself together.

Maybe Jamie's words about Simon possibly changing his intentions were upsetting her more than she thought.

There was a knock at the door, and she perked up, "Who is it?"

"It's me," Adrienne's voice came from the other side, "Can I come in?"

"Sure. One second," she said, and she grabbed her journal and put it at the bottom of her drawer. Then she walked to the door and opened it.

Adrienne was wearing a navy blue two-piece swimsuit, and she wore her brunette hair in a tight, braided bun. She had gold hoop earrings on, and she even had a matching belly button ring. Like before, her makeup was stunning and breathtaking.

Upon seeing Daija, she gave her a small smile, "I was wondering where you were. Need some help with the swimsuit?"

"Oh, not at all!" she smiled in return, "I was just finishing up. I should be out pretty soon here."

She must have seen right through it, because her own smile faltered a bit, "You seem nervous. Everything okay?"

"Well," Daija started, and she looked down at the ground, "I've never actually been to something like this before."

"Really?" she asked, raising a brow curiously, "I heard you were in college at Kunross U. Not even there? They have pool and lake parties almost nightly."