Chapter Seventy-Four

Spice warning here. 

Also, IT GETS REALLLLLL omg I'm so fucking excited. Love you guys. -Rae

Luca made a plan to gather a small team and leave for his mission later on that night. Once the meeting was over, people went back to either prepping for the gala, or helping Daija and Violet move apartments. It was easily one of the busiest afternoons of her life. The plan was to use the rest of day one to pack completely, and all of day two to move. Since Austin had plans for the rest of the evening, he told them he would be there day two for most of the heavy work.

"This is extremely fast and effective," Violet said as she watched Daija's telekinesis neatly put items into boxes. "I'm honestly upset you didn't tell me about this sooner. Do you know how much time we could have saved with grocery trips?"

Daija laughed and almost broke her focus. "Please. I can't just flaunt my powers. People would get suspicious. That's why at base, there's this training room where I can just really go all in and let everything out, y'know?"

"Mhm." She taped a box close and labelled it before looking up at her with a soft smile. "You talk about training at base a lot. Is that your favorite activity?"

No doubt. Being active in the training room was a much better outlet than writing. There were no limitations in there, and the building would still stand even if she were to throw all of her power at it.

"Definitely," she answered. "It's like a playground. Is that the last box?"

Violet put the box in the corner of the living room and sighed. "I think that's all of the living room. Pictures are down, furniture is disassembled and most of the stuff is packed." She then turned towards the kitchen and called out, "Hey, angel, are you guys good in the kitchen?"

Sierra's head popped out from behind the wall that separated the kitchen and the living room. "Yeah, we're fine."

"Hey, Daija, you weren't planning to eat this apple, right?" Adrienne asked, and she could hear her munching on the apple she definitely planned to have as a snack later on.

She frowned. "Who said you could go through my fridge?"

"Oops," she snickered. "Don't worry, the first thing you'll have in your new apartment is a bag of apples. I'll guarantee it."

"Looking forward to it," she scoffed. "Is there any more fruit in the fridge?"

"Sisi ate the orange that was in there, so I don't know."

Sierra gasped and faced her. "Adrienne! You weren't supposed to tell her that!"

"Oh, for fuck's sake," Violet rolled her eyes. "It's okay, Daija. You still have that pomegranate, right?"

"Oh, definitely. I can just have that."

Silently, Wylan popped around the corner with a nearly-empty bowl of deep red pomegranate seeds and a spoon. "You weren't talking about this pomegranate by any chance, right?"

Daija sighed loudly and dragged a hand down her face. "Really? I have villains eating all of my fruit now."

"I would cook something, but most of the dishes are packed. And like Adrienne says, we'll fill your new fridge with fruit as an apology."

She crossed her arms. "Hmm, I don't know. I-"

"And I'll throw in some fresh, chewy salted caramels from the shop," he met her eyes and gave her a mischievous smile. "Your favorite."

"You- Ooooh!" Daija shut her eyes, took a small breath and said, "Fine. Forgiven. I better get those damn caramels."

"Of course, of course," he snickered as he looked down and mumbled, "Works every time," before eating another mouthful of pomegranate seeds.