Chapter Sixty-Three

Hey, babes. Medium length chapter I guess? So sorry it's been a minute. I've been working on other stories! Slight abuse mention in this chapter.

Anyway, I left you guys a comment somewhere. I want you all to find it and read it. Love you. -Rae

This was getting ridiculous.

They've done dangerous things together, used to see each other and hang out by breaking into places, have argued with one another, trained together, fucked for hours and cuddled, yet dinner was making her nervous?

Daija was in her spacious bathroom, standing in front of the mirror and wondering how to style her hair. Maybe I should wear it up in a braided crown? No, I should slick it back into a ponytail. That would be cute. No, no, wear it down. It'll be nicer like that.

Finally, she groaned and just decided that she'll do the braided crown with loose strands of curls framing her face. She figured that it would be easier to style her hair and put on makeup before putting the dress on.

Once she was done with both, she walked back into her bedroom and opened the closet, finding the gorgeous dark green dress that she got from Sierra on her first day when they went shopping. She paused when she saw the bag right after that.

The black lingerie set. She almost forgot about it. When she looked at it, she traced the lacy patterns of the bra that grew transparent at the bottom, and grinned as she took it out of her closet.

She put that on first and admired herself in the mirror, turning around and smiling at how nice the lacey underwear made her ass look. Then she slowly pulled on her dress to conceal it, her mind going quiet with awe.

She looked beautiful.

In the store, she thought the satin dress was gorgeous, but now at this moment, it was way better. Epic even. It fit her form perfectly, the neckline dipped low enough for a good necklace, and with the sleeves, she wouldn't have to worry about getting cold. She groaned as she tried zipping it up, then remembered that she needed help with it in the store.

After spraying a faint, tropical scented perfume and putting on the dark heels she picked out, she went through the jewelry box and found a gorgeous emerald necklace with matching earrings. Then, she heard a knock on the door to her bedroom.

"Daija, are you almost ready?" Simon's voice came from the other side.

"Mhm," she said as she walked over to the door and opened it, "Actually, if you don't mind, could you zip up my dress? I-" She froze entirely when she got a good look at him.

Simon in a suit and tie was pure sin. Like someone she imagined while reading a book coming alive. Like always, he was dressed in all black, but the formal wear made him look all more devilish and attractive. Absent-mindedly, she reached a hand towards him and traced the outline of his tie. The jacket looked nice on him, but she could only imagine how good his muscles looked in the dark dress shirt alone.

When she looked back up to meet his eyes, she saw that he was smiling, and for fuck's sake, it took a lot for her to not push him back onto her bed.

"You look incredible," she finally breathed out.

"Me?" his voice was low as he looked her up and down, and it made her want to melt right then and there. "If I look incredible, then there's not a word to describe how good you look."

He took a step forward, and with him this close, she caught the hints of his cologne. Looking this perfect should be a crime, she thought to herself.

"Turn around," he told her.

Her heart began to race, and she turned around. She felt his hand on her lower back, hesitating slightly, then he slowly pulled up the zipper of her dress up. When he was done, she found her voice and told him, "Thanks. I just have to put my jewelry on, and I'm good to go."