Chapter Fifty-Eight

I know you guys are sick of hearing this, but this chapter is short. The next one will be longer lmao. Also, I'm blocked from posting on tiktok again. I'm so upset and very sick of it. I honestly feel like my account is going to get banned, and I'm so scared.

Anyways, I hope all of you are having a good day, AND THANK YOU FOR 6K VOTES!! I love you all so much. -Rae

Everyone in the group ate and relaxed after mandatory meetings, torture sessions and various tasks. It was nice to see people unwind.

While everyone conversed, Daija checked her phone and immediately went to her messages. She responded to the messages Violet sent her, then checked the rest of them.

Jamie had sent her a few memes.

She smiled softly, scrolled through her gallery to find a few good ones and sent them to him. Moments later, a message from him came in.

Jamie: I was hoping that you'd like those. Didn't expect you to send some back though.

Me: They're pretty funny. Thanks for that.

Jamie: I wanted to talk to you. I figured that I would wait for your call instead of blowing your phone up.

Daija quickly glanced at everyone else in the room briefly before typing a reply.

Me: That's nice of you. Is it an emergency? Something related to the heroes? Hazel? Project overload? Too much sugar again?

Jamie: No to all of those. If you're in the middle of something, I can just text it to you.

Me: I'd appreciate that. Go for it.

She waited patiently for his reply, and it came a few moments later.

Jamie: I realized that you were trying to talk to me about something important yesterday, but I kept cutting you off. Kind of a dick move on my part since I exploded on you because you don't open up enough. I'm so sorry.

Me: It's fine. I understand.

Jamie: If you're not busy later, we can talk.

Daija did some thinking. Yes, Jamie knew about her trauma, but he didn't know about her deep-rooted rage that violently resurfaces more often than it should. He knew how she felt about the heroes, but didn't know what she thought of doing to them. He partially knew about her problem, but didn't know how crazy it was driving her. He knew her, but didn't know her.

And right now, she couldn't afford him knowing that part of her. She knew he wouldn't react well, and he'd be terrified.

Me: I'm feeling a lot better now, but thank you for that.

Jamie: You sure?

Me: Yes. Throwing snowballs works wonders. And breaking bones, she didn't add.

Jamie: You better not freeze a lake without me.

Me: Who says I haven't already?

Jamie: I mean it, Daija.

Me: Fine. I promise I won't freeze a lake without you there.

Jamie: Good. :-)

She smiled softly before typing another reply.

Me: I miss you and your sassy ass comments.

Jamie: I'm surprised to say it, but I miss you and all of your bullshit, too.