Chapter Forty-Three

3am update whoops. 

Super short chapter, but it's got a bunch of tension and filthy thoughts lmao. (A bit of spice warning for the very beginning of the chapter. It's mild though.)

Also guys I'm going to universal studios in a few hours. I haven't been there in years, and I'm excited. :-) Okay I'm going to sleep now. Love you. -Rae <3

It was just a dream.

A vivid, wet and filthy dream.

A dream of her gasping as she grasped at Simon's bedsheets, her nails dragging down his back and leaving fiery marks in his skin. A dream of that low voice, that wicked tongue, and that damn hand around her throat.

A dream of pleasurable tension building in her body until she couldn't take it anymore. A dream of pushing him back and climbing on top of him, working him slowly until his head fell back and her name fell off of his lips, aching and desperate.

And when Daija awoke, she was breathing heavily and her body was damp with sweat.

The clock on the nightstand beside the comfortable bed read a little past eleven in the morning. She had planned to sleep for a little while longer, but her thoughts said otherwise. She had been having detailed dreams that left her head spinning for years, but this one was by far one of the dirtiest. She felt a little sick with herself.

Gosh, she couldn't wait until she got her journal this afternoon.

She got out of bed and went to the drawers that were stocked with new clothes. After pulling out some jeans and a simple t-shirt with a flannel, she put them aside and started searching for underwear. She found some right beside the bras, along with a little note from Sierra telling her that she got multiple of different sizes, and to tell her which ones fit the best so she could get more of them.

Thinking about her and the kindness of some of the henchmen, Daija's heart warmed. They were all putting in so much work to make her comfortable and welcome. It was easily the nicest thing a few strangers have ever done for her. She couldn't wait to meet them.

Once she had all of the clothes she needed, she went into the bathroom to take a cold shower, hoping to erase the remnants of her dream.

----

It was nice not having to worry about work, or worry about the heroes for a while.

Daija was sprawled on the large sectional couch in Simon's living room, reading one of the romance books Tony gifted her while she slowly ate some of the deliciously-crafted strawberries that Wylan gifted her.

Her shower was amazing. The bathroom was adorned with pretty soaps and shower gels that varied in scents, and they all had matching lotions and smooth, silky body butters. Her favorite was a mango and papaya scent that had hints of rose in it. She made a mental note to ask Sierra where she got all of her body care, because she would definitely buy some of her own.

There were also some amazing products for her hair, and there was a little note from her that said that a friend of hers makes it by hand. Daija made a mental note to ask about that as well.

Simon said that she was going to be spoiled here, but damn. She had no idea how she was going to repay everyone's kindness, and she hasn't even been here for more than a few hours.

The front door unlocked, and she heard it open and close. Then, she heard some whistling that she was too familiar with.

There was a small chuckle, then, "Comfortable?"

"Mhm," Daija replied, not looking up from her book as she took a bite from her strawberry. The chapter was just getting interesting. The characters were about to have their first kiss and she could tell that it was going to be sizzling.