Chapter Forty-Six

Torture / gore warning in this chapter. Since it's throughout the entire chapter, I suggest you skip it if you're not comfortable. Remember what I said earlier. This story gets darker, and you're going to see different sides of some of these characters.

Also babes, remember that this is fiction. FICTION.

Remember that this story is rated Mature for more reasons outside of spice. Love you. -Rae

Sierra brought Daija back to base and told her that she had to go to her lab, and that she'll bring all of the clothes she bought her to Simon's house once everyone was meeting up.

Once she was alone, she walked through the spacious base and tried to find her way back to the meeting room. Sierra mentioned that most henchmen were busy around this time, so there wouldn't be so many people wandering around.

She walked for about fifteen minutes, taking some turns, going down a couple flights of stairs, trying to remember how Simon navigated the place, and finally, she decided that she was lost.

Great, she thought to herself, Lost on the first day. Well done, Daija.

She did remember that the meeting room was 11A. She was standing in a corridor that had rooms labelled with the letter D. Once she walked down further down the corridor, she saw that the labels switched from D to E.

Okay. Opposite direction will take me to A. Easy, she thought as she turned on her heel and walked in the opposite direction.

----

The long path led her down another flight of stairs, and she finally made it to corridor C. Two more, and she should be where she needed to be. As she walked, the air grew warmer, and the ice in her blood immediately started working to cool her down.

She stopped when she looked ahead. The hallway continued, but going forward, the lights were much dimmer, and she could tell it was hotter down there.

Daija stood in place and waited for a few minutes. She waited for a headache or any type of sign to tell her to turn around, but none came. So, she continued walking and made sure to sharpen her senses.

There was an odd smell to the air, and the further she walked, the stronger it got. It was pungent, and it forced her to put her hand over her mouth and nose and speed up her steps so she could get through the corridor quicker. She looked at the doors that spread through the corridor, seeing that they were heavy and solid, with the exception of a peephole that allows someone to look inside. Curious, she stepped closer to one of the doors and looked in the peephole, surprised at just how much she could actually see through it, and her jaw dropped at what she saw.

Behind the doors were cells.

Okay, she thought as she stepped back. Cells, plus a really bad smell, plus dark hallways equals a torture pit. Absolutely fantastic.

And with the air thick with that smell and very hot, that could only mean one thing: Simon was burning people.

The thought made her both gag and walk faster. The quicker she got out of here, the better. Every few seconds, she looked at the ground to make sure she wouldn't step in blood. Despite her pounding heart and the way her stomach twisted, her head still didn't hurt.

Even though she was walking quickly, the smell was getting stronger. Right before she groaned, she heard something faint. Crying.

Her mouth dried, and she slowed her steps to quiet them. As she walked, it got louder, and she was able to pinpoint which cell it was coming from. Even though the doors looked heavy, she could clearly hear what was happening behind them. Once she was directly in front of the door, she gently moved forward and looked through the peephole. She hoped that no one would open the door.