EP 57

In the end, Wei Wuxian was dragged to the Sword Hall.

He knelt on the ground expressionlessly, the puffy eyelids drooping, without saying a word. Madam Yu was even more angry when she saw his indifferent appearance, and she cursed for a long while. Wei Wuxian lived for a few days without hearing human voices. As soon as he came out of his shell, he was so shocked by the voice that his eardrums was hurt. His face was bitter. His kneeling body swayed because of Madam Yu's violent shock wave. But he did not resist and was silent. After hearing her roar for a while, it turned out that he felt a little better, and the face was not so pale.

Although he didn't intend to elaborate on the contradiction between himself and Lan Wangji, he couldn't stand the questioning of elders, so he picked something, such as that he was punished to kneel every day,he was not kindly treated everywhere, the food was horrible, the schedule of work and rest was abnormal, he was tortured so much that he had no choice but to make a bad move, forcing the Lan clan to drive him away so that he could return to the Lotus Dock.

Jiang Cheng had a first-hand experience of Gusu Lan's outrageous rules when he was studying. After hearing a few words, he was on the scene and his scalp numb.

In addition, although he knew that Wei Wuxian was naughty, the Yunmeng Jiang clan style was always loose and generous, and the people who went out represented the Jiang clan. Wei Wuxian was blindly forced by the Lan clan, and his uncomfortable feeling of being overwhelmed by others came up. He patted the table and said, "They Lan clan is bullying us too much!" He glanced at Wei Wuxian and said, "Did Lan Wangji speak for you?"

Wei Wuxian gritted his teeth, "He, he just wants to nail me to their discipline stone, so that I can follow the rules."

Madam Yu sneered, "That's what you deserve. According to me, the Lan clan did a good job."

Wei Wuxian was choked and stopped talking.

Jiang Yanli glanced at Wei Wuxian, and stopped speaking with a sigh.

Jiang Fengmian hadn't said a word since receiving Lan Qiren's letter, and he was lost in thought. Madam Yu saw that he hadn't expressed his attitude, and she was even more angry, thinking that he wanted to protect Wei Wuxian.

When she was about to speak, Jiang Fengmian's eyesight stopped on Wei Wuxian, "It's my fault."

Everyone looked at him in surprise.

Jiang Fengmian seemed to be very disappointed, with a clear tone of guilt and apology, "I didn't think about it well and decided to go my own way. After listening to Mr. Lan's hexagrams, I thought I was carrying out the last wish of Aying's parents, but I didn't take Aying's feelings into consideration. I should have expected that the Lan clan is very different from the Jiang clan's style, and Aying's personality...is incompatible with the Lan clan. He is so young and was forcibly sent to such a place, while I hope that he can adapt on his own. In the end, it turns out that he compromises or fight with them, endure hardship as it is now..."

"Aying," he said to Wei Wuxian, "...I'm sorry."

Wei Wuxian was speechless.

There was no sound in the Sword Hall, for a long time, only a sigh came out.

Since that day, although Wei Wuxian had not been nestled in the room, he was not much better. He held a bottle of wine every day and got drunk and groggy all day long. He was either in a daze by the water, or wandering in the street, swaying. The neighbors who knew him curiously surrounded him and cared about him, but they were pushed and shoved by Wei Wuxian and several stalls were almost smashed.

The store owners were scared and hurried to inform the Lotus Dock. Every time Jiang Cheng rushed out, he kicked off the bottle in Wei Wuxian's hand, apologized and paid the money, and took him home in person.