EP 5

Lan Wangji thought that he had never been interested in the talisman, but the yellow talisman in his palm, on which the mana was exhausted, attracted him with an inexplicable magical power.

The fingertips slowly swept across the grainy cinnabar. The rune was obviously made in one stroke, there was no interruption, and no recurrence.

He smoothed a blank sheet of paper, traced it carefully, and failed. Lan Wangji frowned slightly, and traced again, it failed. He couldn't do it all in one go, there were always pauses and stagnations, and the spiritual energy vented out in those gaps,and no longer coherent.

Maybe it's not just a single stroke. There was no rule in the world that runes could only be done in a single stroke, but he did not accept this possibility. This person's brushstrokes were so casual and leisureful, like walking in a beautiful courtyard, effortlessly.

There must be only one stroke.

Lan Wangji walked alone on the white stone path leading to the Elegance Room.

Behind the window wall, the girls were gathered talking and laughing.

Lan Xichen stopped him, and Lan Wangji raised his eyes from contemplation.

"Elder brother."

"Wangji, a girl called you just now, why didn't you response?"

Lan Wangji looked back suddenly, startled slightly, and saluted. The girl who had passed by him was flattered and quickly saluted back.

· Lan Wangji nodded slightly as doing official business, turned around and continued walking.

Lan Xichen smiled and said, "Wangji, what are you busy with?"

Lan Wangji said: "Drawing runes."

Lan Xichen frowned slightly, seemingly puzzled. Seeing that Lan Wangji didn't mean to explain, he stopped asking, and said, "How about today's talk? Is there a girl you like?"

Lan Wangji said: "It's acceptable. None."

Lan Xichen raised his eyebrows slightly and asked his younger brother if he could also attend the talking in Elegance Room, Lan Wangji did not object.

In the Elegance Room, a girl who also wore a blue moire plain clothes sat opposite Lan Wangji. Among the Lan clan members, those who were not close relatives could marry each other. Therefore, there were many people who had the intention of marriage in the same clan.

The Gusu Lan clan had beautiful men from generation to generation, and women were naturally good. At the end of the conversation, Lan Xichen and several elders in attendance looked at each other and nodded. Obviously, they were very satisfied with this girl of the same clan. Not only was she beautiful and well-behaved, but she was also very talented. She just showed off her zitther skills on the table. It was even more shocking. Sitting with Lan Wangji, they were like jades carved from ice, completely natural. They were really a pleasing pair of couple.

The voice of approval over there had no concealment, and it reached the girl's ears, she slightly lowered her eyebrows, smiled, and the corners of her eyes drifted towards Lan Wangji intentionally or unintentionally.

Lan Wangji lifted the hem of his clothes, got up and left his seat, and went straight to the door.

Lan Xichen was a little surprised, and apologized to the slightly embarrassed girl and her parents, got up in a hurry, and ran after him.

Lan Wangji's figure passed over magnolia trees, paused for a little while, and then disappeared.

On the dark wooden corridor of the Library, there was the sound of clothes flickering, and Lan Xichen leaned forward and turned around the corner.