s i x t y - e i g h t

- Trigger warning, talking about death -

Finally Jimin's internship, he has been really excited about, has started this Monday, making the younger feel really nervous.

"You will be fine!" Yoongi says, hugging his boyfriend and comforting him before the younger leaves for his first day. "Have fun Jiminie.", he adds, kissing him softly on the cheek.

"Thank you Hyung." Jimin mumbles, still nervous but also really happy at the same time. He just doesn't know how to feel. Before it gets too late he says his goodbye and leaves his Hyung alone at him. The older is having a day off, so he decided to stay at home, clean and later cook dinner for him and Jimin.

But before that he wanted to just relax and do nothing, he still has the whole day to get done with his work. The whole morning passed quickly, so he started doing the housework. After a while he was done with everything he was about to lay down for a short while before starting to cook dinner, since Jimin will be back home in one and a half hour.

As he was about to lay down on the couch, the phone in his hand started to ring, him picking up immediately not looking at the caller, thinking it's probably Jimin calling.

"Yes?" he said, his voice sounding exhausted, as he became actually tired because of the hard work he did.

"Hello?" the voice on the other side said, making Yoongi widen his eyes. He immediately looks at his phone, again seeing the number of a foreign country.

"Yoongi Hyung..?" the caller says quietly, his voice almost shaking, out of nervousness or fear, or weakness, Yoongi can't put a finger on it. And at the moment it didn't really matter.

He somehow couldn't manage to say something, as if he has lost his voice, as if there were no right words to say at the moment.

"I- I don't know if you are listening right now.. but if you are.." the soft familiar voice says, a short break taking place as the other male is probably looking for the right words, just like said before, at the moment there are no right words. "I want to- I'm sorry for calling so sudden, its not my place to be, to call you after such a long time. But there's something you should know.."

Yoongi is still quiet, his heart suddenly started racing as the younger continued talking, he hasn't heard his voice for years, but it felt like it was yesterday. When they stood outside in the rain, Donghyuk telling him that he is sick, that he has cancer, that he maybe won't have a long life to live, that he has to leave him. It was a traumatic experience, hurtful, unforgettable.

Yoongi sits down on the couch, his knees feeling kind of shaky, his body starting to feel weird as if it knew what words will be coming out of the younger mouth in the next sentence.

"Yoongi I- I don't have much time left.. to live."

His heart sank at these words, he forgot to breathe for a moment. It's quiet after Donghyuk said, what he wanted to say. Just like that, he came out of nowhere, leaving this painful message for Yoongi to deal with. It may be selfish to come back after such a long time, to come back to Yoongi's life.

What they had it wasn't long, but it was intense, lovely and beautiful. Of course nothing compared to the love he feels toward Jimin, to the amazing and happy relationship he has with Jimin, not even close too that. But Donghyuk, he is a true angel, a lovely, big hearted person, with a loving and caring character, and he was so good to Yoongi.

Yoongi is thankful for the relationship they had, even if it wasn't an official one. But he was thankful for being able to experience it, thankful for the beautiful moments and memories, even if it weren't much.