57. All My Trust

My life was going perfectly. I had a good friend in Lewis and he was taking the whole 'roommate' thing perfectly well. Although the night I went out with Sam he admitted he wasn't fully over me, he hadn't tried anything yet. I assumed we were way past that point anyway.

I even encouraged him to go out and see other people. He was reluctant at first but I finally managed to find a girl he could take with him:

The other day Sam and I went out jogging in the early morning and we ran into his really pretty blonde girl who was sitting on a bench by herself. Sam being the kind person he is stopped in his tracks to ask how are was.

"Are you alright? You seem...ticked off," he assumed. The woman slumped down huffing in annoyance.

"This idiot I met on a dating app completely stood me up," she ranted. "I am ticked off. In fact, I'm pissed. I don't usually go out and meet people often. I'm more of an indoors kinda girl, so coming out here was a big deal and the dude just ghosts me?!"

"What a dick," I remarked feeling bad for the girl.

"Don't worry. We've all been there," Sam sympathized.

"I've never been there," I announced truthfully.

Sam tilted his head at me, "Yeah right," he said sounding skeptical.

"It's the truth," I insisted, "I've never really had time to date around so..." I trailed off before exposing my history of one-night stands.

"Ok, just ignore Miss Never-Been-Stood-Up," Sam jabbed before continuing to the blonde, "I'm sorry you've had to go through that."

"Thanks. But it still sucks. All I want is a guy who cares about me and only me. I could also do with someone who's chilled and is ready to settle down, you know?" She requested.

Sam and I exchanged glances. It was then I realized we both thought the same thing.

"WE KNOW A GUY!" We both blurted at the same time before bursting into laughter. The poor woman both looked at us like we were high. We recollected ourselves before I continued.

"My ex..." I started before she scratched her face up in disapproval. "Ah, before you say anything. I promise you he's not a bad person."

"Then why did you break up?" She questioned.

I paused thinking of a good way for me to phrase it. "He was...too good for me," I said leaving it short and simple.

"Well is there anything else I should know before potentially going on a date with him?" She queried.

I shrugged my shoulders, "He is very protective, affectionate. Quite territorial, like he wants others to know your his and only his. And when he falls he falls hard. It personally didn't work well enough for me, but I know there's someone out there that will love it."

"She also forgot to mention the fact that they're roommates," Sam exposed.

"What?!" She said, completely stunned.

"It's not as bad as it sounds." I swore, "I have no feelings towards him whatsoever."

"Are you dating or seeing other people?" She asked probably wanting to make sure there wasn't potential for Lewis and me to rekindle our relationship.

"Not actively." I said, "I'm not searching or dating or forcing anything. I feel I'll meet the right person when the time comes."

"Or you've already met the person and you don't know it yet," Sam said. I narrowed my eyes at him in confusion. "Hypothetically..." he added.