40. Forehead of Security

I parked up outside Tony's mansion, noticing that Happy's car wasn't here, meaning Pepper Potts wasn't here either. I was taking a risk following Stark home, with Pepper not being fond of me, but this wasn't just a meet-up. It was kind of an emergency.

The way Tony acted at Neptune's Net wasn't him and I needed to know what was going on. Knowing Tony, he and I are the same in the way we don't like talking about our feelings very much. The only difference is that I know have some people to talk to about them. If Tony doesn't, then I'd like to be that person.

I hurried through the mansion and over to Tony's lab, where I caught him walking down to the underground floor of his laboratory. He had his holographic tablet with him so he must've been video calling someone.

"Is this forehead of security?" I heard Tony ask.

"...Let me tell you something, you know what happened when I told people I was Iron Man's bodyguard? They would laugh in my face..."

From that, I figured it was Happy on the phone. Speaking truthfully I felt sorry for him. He did a lot for Tony and never got the recognition he deserved.

"Hey, Tony's Bodyguard," I called out as I skipped down the stairs to catch up with Tony.

Stark chuckled but Happy didn't find it funny, "Hey, it's not funny!" He complained, "I had to leave while I still had a shred of dignity."

"Hmm, you say 'leave' like you had a choice," I said to wind Happy up a little bit more.

Tony gave me a side-eye that I don't think Happy noticed. I wasn't sure whether he was angry that I didn't say hello to him, or that I broke into his home and then his lab without telling him first.

"Now I got a real job, I'm watching Pepper," Happy defended himself.

"What's going on. Fill us in," Tony asked, his nosiness settling in. Of course, I know it's because he wants to know what his missus is doing while he's not there, but it's not like she flirting with any of the guys at work.

Besides, if you're dating the Tony Edward Stark, why would you even think about entertaining anyone else?

"Alright, so she's meeting up with this scientist. Rich guy, handsome," Happy explained feeling the need to mention the man's looks and wealth.

I raised an eyebrow slightly, Tony seemed unbothered as took a seat on a coach that was located in front of what seemed to be a wine cellar. The walls were lined up with expensive bottles of wine, champagne-you name it, it was there. He began pouring himself a glass as Happy continued:

"I couldn't make his face at first, right? You know I'm good with faces," Happy explained.

"Oh yeah, yeah. You're the best," said Tony sarcastically, as he took a sip from his glass, "You want one?" He mouthed over Happy's voice. I nodded my head, it would be rude of me not to.

"Yeah. Well, so I run his credentials, I make him Aldrich Killian. We actually met the guy back in... where were we in '99? The science conference?"

"Ah...Switzerland," Tony remembered, filling the gaps for Happy who was struggling to remember.

"Right, right. Exactly."

"Killian? No, I don't remember that guy," Tony claimed, but I was unsure if he had genuinely forgotten, or he was choosing not to remember.

"Of course you don't. He's not a blond with a big rack," Happy said, "At first it was fine, they were talking business, but now it's like getting weird. He's showing her a big brain."