52. Rematch

Since getting my new suit and weapon I had been engaging in more advanced training sessions. Weapon usage training, which taught some new tricks but I also needed to get used to the new air-blade S.H.I.E.L.D. had designed for me.

It had plenty of new advanced features like the range of blades that were stored inside. Now, I could go from having a blade the size of katana, to a blade the size of a pen knife with the push of a button. The air-blade was now a highly advanced pocket knife and I loved it. I also appreciated that the handle was no longer branded with Hammer Industries and now had the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on it. I knew that would elate Tony the most because he hated Hammer tech with a passion.

With almost months of intense weapon and added combat training I felt I was stronger than I ever had been before. My confidence was through the roof, and after months of preparation, I was ready to fight Rumlow.

This small sparring session had turned into something so big all because one man could not keep his ego in check. The whole Triskelion knew about the incident and that was the one thing I didn't want. But sad little Brock could not keep his mouth shut as I told him to, and here we are 4 months later, going for round 2.

Everyone who worked within the Headquarters was gathered in the training room to watch the fight between me and Rumlow. This fight had more hype than The Rock versus John Cena at Wrestlemania 29 last weekend, so the pressure was extremely high.

Natasha stood in the middle of the mat. She was probably the most excited for this fight. Nat insisted that she be the ring girl/referee and you couldn't say no. She stood in the center, clearing her throat to get the attention of the other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

"The moment you guys have all been waiting for," she began, "This long-awaited rematch is finally about to begin. Now I'm sure both of them have been training hard and I'm also certain that you've placed bets tonight, but please let us not cause drama over this. It is just going to be a little fun and hopefully, I win some money because I placed a bet on my girl too."

The audience cheered loudly as Natasha clapped her hands along with them. She was really hoping you would win, not only because she bet on you, but because she had trained you up to this very moment. The two of you had grown extremely close over the months of preparation, and she knew how much this win would mean to you. She also could wait to see Rumlow get beat up by a strong, independent, badass woman.

Natasha introduced the both of you before you and Brock Rumlow were standing on either side of her. You were suited up and ready to fight, determination and redemption fueling your body. Rumlow was fueled purely by pride and testosterone, but that was all the motivation he needed. Rumlow was so sure of himself he did not do any extra training or prep for this upcoming fight.

Natasha turned to, holding your shoulders as she hyped you up, "You've got this, Y/L/N. Remember action and then the reaction." She reminded you before kissing you on the cheek and turning to face the crowd.

"I want a good clean fight," she used the clique line that is always said before the big fight in a boxing movie.

"I can give you a good fight. I don't know about clean, though," Rumlow remarked.

You cracked your neck looking him dead in the eyes, "If you wanna play dirty then I'm game."

Natasha stepped off the mat, removing the barrier that was herself from the two fighters. The both of you were hunched over, tiptoeing around each other like two bears getting ready to pounce. The tension was so thick it could be cut with a table knife. The silence in the room only made it more suspenseful as everyone was eager to see who was going to throw the first punch.